Planet Four Talk

Subject: APF0000hdl

Subject APF0000hdl Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• ChristineThorogood by ChristineThorogood

can i just say, wow

Posted

• 14int by 14int

Stunnng

Posted

• neilsp8 by neilsp8

is this the best image ever?

Posted

• pat_law by pat_law

what are the white bits?

Posted

it feels amazing that I can help contribute to science, I'm only 15 so this is really brilliant news! I just thought it was interesting

Posted

the white bits are possibly ice according to Chris Lintott on #stargazing

Posted

• Pseudo_Pro by Pseudo_Pro

It looks like the Tundra areas around the East Siberian Sea.
    https://maps.google.com/?ll=74.519889,142.734375&spn=5.05627,26.125488&t=h&z=6

Posted

• webdes_44 by webdes_44

Reminds me of smooth looking crevasses which I was going to tweet earlier -stargazing but realised had to set up a twitter accnt first. Oops

Posted

• brian_peaston by brian_peaston

#linear

Posted

• Alril40 by Alril40

That truly is an alien world

Posted

• Hunnybadger by Hunnybadger

Mars farmland

Posted

• bobkugler by bobkugler

Has a texture like sandstone with deep cracks caused by water freezing and melting. Red colouring must be from the dust. Almost like fabric!

Posted

• rikkister by rikkister

maybe this is a caynon like area where the grains have falen under

Posted

• Seanbond by Seanbond

It reminds me of the salt flats, similar to the hexagons in this landscape evolved after the salt pan, near Bolivia's Volcano had dried up

Posted

• acemgd by acemgd

only thing i ever seen that looks anything like that is coral could this be martians

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

the fans are breaking through ice cracks here.the co2 ice layer is everywhere here.

Posted

• cktwigg by cktwigg

this looks a little like lobate lava flows seen on earths ocean floors , or glazier surface cracks hmm strange

Posted

• kipper123 by kipper123

the more of this type of image i see the more it looks a flat red feild fans of darker colour give the impression of curves optical illusion

Posted

• joanheaton by joanheaton

Has anyone any idea what the white dots are?

Posted

• joanheaton by joanheaton

It looks like fossilised coral?

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

white dots most likely dents in the ice layer(that is def. all around here).inclined dents reflect the low sun very strongly.

Posted

• Cytheria by Cytheria

could it be the ice layer has expanded causing cracks in the rock/soil layer above?

Posted

• kipper123 by kipper123

on some of the images the round white objects (ice) bridge the dark patches, this is a flat red feild the fans caused an optical illusion.

Posted

• Rockykrys by Rockykrys

Yesterday I saw white dots as convex 3d objects, some of them straddling the dark areas. Now convinced they are hollows - see science post

Posted

• martian1313 by martian1313

Posted

• SwisArmyDad by SwisArmyDad

Has anyone considerd that these may be a form of stromatalite i know ive spelt it wrong but i mean the rocky bacteria that still exist

Posted

in the earths seas if mars had oceans and an early atmosphere it may have provided enough protection to allow them to thrive what do you

Posted

Think sorry for many posts (Lee)

Posted