Planet Four Talk

Subject: APF00003jv

Subject APF00003jv Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• 80n by 80n

What's this? A volcano?

Posted

• Norman_Gilkinson by Norman_Gilkinson

Looks like it has been smashed from the inside!

Posted

• gloria_jv by gloria_jv

#frost #blotch

Posted

• mrdaztec by mrdaztec

The root like structures must be feeding the red gas deposits.

Posted

• ridela by ridela

when you look at this and other marks you wonder if mars had a catastrophic failure of its core which lead to loss of magnetic shield,

Posted

• bradb595 by bradb595

it looks like river beds that are going up a mountin that's why it gets thicker when they join

Posted

• Markconx by Markconx

Are those tree like #roots, #veins under the surface? They seem to cast #shadows; or is it an optical illusion? river #tributaries?

Posted

• gloria_jv by gloria_jv

http://talk.planetfour.org/#/subjects/APF0000m3c

Posted

• toxylad by toxylad

Looks like a volcano with lava flows to me.

Posted

• Aaditya_Aryan_Dhiraj_Adhikari by Aaditya_Aryan_Dhiraj_Adhikari

is it poor humid soil's erosion phenomena ? if yes it must be due to continued contraction and expansion of martian surface at night and day

Posted

• Aaditya_Aryan_Dhiraj_Adhikari by Aaditya_Aryan_Dhiraj_Adhikari

the martian soil surface contracts at frigid night but expands at warm day and this must have caused such streaks on land.

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

thermal contractions usually don't have a central point, because all material expands from every else.

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

Looks like a dust eruption in progress! What is the size scale? What time of year? How long does the orbiter take to collect such an image?

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

RE"Eruption" Is the orbiter typically directly overhead or slightly off? Dust in "midair" explains feathery structures & diffuse edges

Posted

it's soo ever slightly off, that we still wouldn't see anything from the side, considering the 300 km distance.

Posted

what signature makes u believe it's in progress,maybe i'm missing something?To me it just looks like a quite big fan eruption blown away.

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

What's current theory for change of surface color: reduction of Fe3+ or local removal of same? Is there surface scouring near spider legs?

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

I forget that this an unusually perfect canvas for collecting and holding piles of dirt where they land! That changes things. See next!

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

Subtle changes of color near the blowhole concern me now. I was unable to see these earlier. Are any of the colors "real"?

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

This image still amazes me, especially the feather-like structures on top right although I can see possible "dust from cracks" for some

Posted

• tianxuan by tianxuan

several frost fans overlap on a spider with thin legs; above them there seems to exist shallower spiders(left there last Mars year?) #frostreview

Posted