Planet Four Talk

Crater marking software is not marking the images.

• TPS1BCW by TPS1BCW

The marking software is not marking the craters for me.

Posted

• sprinklebum by sprinklebum scientist

Hi TPS1BCW - is this till the case? If so can you copy and paste the URL here - and I will check with the developers to see what the issue is...

Thanks

James

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

James, I thinkvthis is the same problem that I flagged up to you in the hmmmmmm post. First crater marks but vlick the next and the first marker disapears, it even does this in the tutorial

Posted

• aussiegoodstuff by aussiegoodstuff

I have been having the same problem. I click on craters present and it turns red, but will not mark craters. In the intro sample, when the Craters Present was clicked, there was an expanded menu with a circular and oval crater - this is not happening unfortunately.

Posted

• lodilady by lodilady

The interface is clunky. If I mark a crater, and miss the center, I can't easily reposition it. Sometimes the sizing control won't appear.

Posted

• sprinklebum by sprinklebum scientist

Ok, with one of the interfaces - all you do is click the craters present button if there are craters - and leave it unselected if not, and then move on to the next image. When you have completed a number of images the task will change. If you need a run-through, click on the tutorial button to the bottom right.

I hope this clears up the issue!

James

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Hi james

I think the problem/confusion is caused because the interface looks the same for both the "just say there are some" and the "say there are some and mark them" options. If you get used to marking them it looks like it broke when you move to the "just say.." mode

Posted

• tonyclayton by tonyclayton

I tried, but the second image was absolutely covered with craters. The software eventually stopped marking craters and then I could not get the system to move onto the next image

Posted