Planet Four Talk

More Rolling Stones

• wassock by wassock moderator

Context image first from http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/PSP_003578_1770 which is the side of a chasm near the equator, screw up your eyes and look for 3 sets of tracks running left to right. The blue box on the left hand image gives the location and there are tracks all over the surface around here

enter image description here

close up of tracks, the cetral track is made by a boulder around 2 meters across and it was clearly moving to bounce like that.

The boulders final resting place

And the distance traveled

This is the outcrop where my distance line starts the track of the boulder is widely spaced here and starts at the 2 parallel marks bottom right of the outcrop. There are more tracks above the outcrop (left) so it's quite likely it has traveled even further and jumped over this bit

And finally close up of the dark streak measured in the image above. There are 2 tracks crossing it, the upper one leaves marks across the band, the other, I think, doesn't, thus the dark band has moved between the passing of the 2 boulders.

Posted

And as if all that were not enough I also found the footprint of the very rare Martian 3 toed Yeti

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Speechless! But mightily impressed. 😮

Posted

Don't tell me; it's the yeti print that just pushed you over the edge?

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Yeti's don't push me around. I live up on't moor where there be real monsters - Like Me !! 😉

Whatever. It's a heck of a feature to be sure.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator in response to Kitharode's comment.

Yes, in way it's a shame that it's actually about 60 meters long 😦 But it belongs in another strand of reason/delusion - I'm working on the idea that the footprint was caused by bits of the same thing which broke up on the way in. But we digress more of that in another thread later.

Posted