Planet Four Talk

How can I do a detailed examination of a site ?

• RickBeament by RickBeament

Hi. I recognise that the Classification function randomly selects photos with the idea that we, as 'helpers' identify items of interest, however I would like to be able to follow-up on items that I'm interested in at specific locations and to be able to see their variation over seasons etc. Whilst I can happily save an image using the favourites function, I cant see any way of searching the photo database for other photos of the same geographical area. I've also looked at the HIRISE site and seem to run into the same problem. Anyone got any suggestions ??? Thanks, in anticipation, Rick

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to RickBeament's comment.

Hi,

On the Talk page for the subject image you reviewed if you click on 'View HiRISE image' it will take you to the public HiRISE image it will give you the position and date time information. You'd need to use a combination of a search of the Planetary Data System to find other HiRISE images. The HiRISE team's public pages don't have such a search. This might work for you.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted