Planet Four Talk

What on Earth.....(or Mars) is THIS? Scientist needed.

• AUricle by AUricle

Look inside the "interesting feature" star. dead center. There are 2 visible "objects"

This is a slightly enlarged snip of the full image....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o79jxjsg606kos4/MoreWeird3Capture150pct.JPG

This is a full screen shot of the entire image without any zoom applied.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/njo5w87fa492hc1/MoreWeird1Capture.JPG

Sorry about the fan marks. I stopped to get these screen captures before any screen freeze-up because of too many marks.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

'Fraid to say but they look a lot like single click fan marks to me. Did you finish it and get the image ref?

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Or are you talking about the dark feature next to the white one in the bottom star?

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

The two interesting features you have marked look identical but do not appear in the original image (see trending). Do you think the scientists are playing a little game with us (how unprofessional of them 😃)? Looks like a little racing car or bottle opener to me.

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Well done Wassock!

It looks like you have nailed it there with single click fan marks, so give it a go AUricle.

😃

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to wassock's comment.

Or are you talking about the dark feature next to the white one in the bottom star?

Uhhh........no wassock. The thing speaks for itself. ...and believe me, I tried to re-create that mark as a "minimal" "fan" or "blotch" mark. Also as "favorite" or "interesting" features

Have you tried to make those marks in their minimal values? Do they mimic this?

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to wassock's comment.

Blockquote'Fraid to say but they look a lot like single click fan marks to me.

Seriously? I tried to create these......if they are artificial marks.

Have you created such a "mark" by producing a "single click" fan mark, or blotch mark, for that matter?

Hey, I'm not suggesting a "Martian Conspiracy" here. I just want to know what this is. If it is a photographic "mark" from the IT team, so be it. If it's something else, let the chips fall where they may!

One thing I can say with absolute certainty.......I'm NOT manipulating the data here, and I hope you're not suggesting that is what's happening....... I'm just reporting what I see

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

This get freakier??? The single click fan mark I made says HI.

http://s18.postimage.org/x6gjcc7e1/Mars.png

lol

😃

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Here it is blown up. Look familiar?

http://s7.postimage.org/m9tn4kt63/Mars2.png

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to Ian Mason's comment.

I'll be damned!

I lost sleep over this!.

You know,.....I clicked on these things to try to eliminate them, but never got the telltale "red X".
    Well at least it's over! Thanks guys!

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Well done Ian, and everybody. Back to the 'blue blobs' and 'white dots' then, eh?

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

is it April 1st already ? 😉

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Bit of an anticlimax don't you think?

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to JellyMonster's comment.

Bit of an anticlimax don't you think?

Yeah.........well blame wassock and Ian Mason! 😉

From my end of it,(suspiciously close to the horse's tail) it's just as well. I was making a (bigger) fool of myself, blabberin' on about this....
    .......well, in my own defense, I did suspect (as evidenced in my msg. to Meg Schwamb) that it could be some type of editing mark or marker from their side. I just couldn't believe moi was responsible for it.

What puzzles me is, why did I just start noticing those marks now. After all, I've been marking these images for 3 weeks, and I never saw that even ONCE until the other day. Well like Kith said, it's back to blue swimming pools! 😉

Posted