Planet Four Talk

Greetings from California

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

Half Moon Bay ..south of San Francisco along the coast. This project is very intriguing. I've just signed up yesterday and have reviewed the entire blog so as to get a feel for it. Doing some other zoo projects in spare time. Spreading the word of Citizen Science as I go.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Welcome to Plant Four. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Welcome aboard HMB, I'd recommend you also have a look at the FAQ on the help board, and don't be shy about asking questions

Posted

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

Thanks Meg, enjoyed your videos...lots of enthusiasm and info, excellent wassock & i've got that covered. What intrigues me abt P4 aside from the obvious (purpose) is the clarity of the HiRESI images (with blowup feature). Other projects which I'm still enjoying and active on are not quite so accommodating.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to HMB6EQUJ5's comment.

Hi Bill. In addition to the 'blowup feature' and the 'View HiRise Image' link below the cutouts (which give a wider view) you might find the link below useful for your explorations. Not only are the images incredibly detailed, but you get to relate exactly where they are on the martian surface. Enjoy. http://talk.planetfour.org/#/boards/BPF000000a/discussions/DPF0000fcm

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @HMB6EQUJ5 ! I've been seeing you post in several Zooniverse projects' Talks, which really warms my heart. It's great to see you joining so many of our citizen science communities/sub-communities!

Hope to keep seeing you around all the Zooniverse! 😃

Posted

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

Bill here......Hey DZM, thanks !! I "discovered" the whole world of Citizen Science/zooniverse via a MOOC "Philosophy & the Sciences" and the potential and purpose has captivated me. My wife has some favorite projects as well "War Diaries" for one. I find it's a "win/win" on "CS" projects as volunteers get a ton of experience/knowledge and imo that's what Life is about.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yes! Citizen science in general is a win-win... volunteers have fun, and the science gets done!

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to HMB6EQUJ5's comment.

...and we get to meet lots of friendly, interesting, knowledgeable people too. 😉

Posted