Planet Four Talk

Time Machine - mismatch in classication times...

• pete-j by pete-j

I've just classified ten images. Nothing special in that. But when I uploaded them, first they came out as 4 hours in the past, then it changed to 5 hours for the next image or two, back to 4 hours and then 5 hours again. So my most recent image looked as if it had been done straight away (at the beginning).

Logging in and out had no effect. Checking the settings on my PC indicated that the correct time area was set for my area of the Earth. Just a curiosity, must be a server issue somewhere.

I'll try again on another day and post here (probably the problem will have disappeared).

Cheers

PJ

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

As I post this, this has come out 4 hours before I created this post...

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Seems to be back to normal today...

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Very strange. Not seen that problem myself, but to be honest I've not been looking. When non-critical stuff like that happens to me it often seems to come and go with the weather. Strong winds, thick mist, heavy rain (which we get a lot of) all seem to affect my broadband connectivity and laptop performance.

Glad to hear it fixed itself. Cheers.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hiya,

It might have been an issue with the Zooniverse servers timezone that was fixed. I'm glad it's working fine now. Do let me know if it pops up again. It does appear again, I'll let the Zooniverse development team know.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Hi Meg/ Kith,

OK. I've never seen anything like it. It must have just been a glitch - as you mention. I couldn't fail to notice it when classifying the images as they came up just a few seconds done. Will let you know if this comes up.

Cheers,

Pete

Posted