Planet Four Talk

Project Update

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi,

We've got a blog post up with updates on the project.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Hi,

We've got a new blog post up that gives an update on our data processing pipeline.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Hi,

We've got another project update on the blog.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Thanks for that Meg~pete

Posted

Hi,

Another update. Good news, today in the team call we froze development of the blotch pipeline. Blog post here.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Thanks for the update. Interesting problems. "When is a feature a blotch or a fan?" Depending on how obvious the feature is (how close to a fan or blotch in shape). Everyone interprets things differently...

Cheers 😃

PJ

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to pete-j's comment.

Yep.

~Meg

Posted

Hi,

Another update on data processing with some results shown. This directly relates to pete-j's discussion of when is a feature a blotch or fan?. Sometimes it's both and our citizen science approach can identify that which is neat.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

All interesting stuff!

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Hi Meg,

I've just had my P4 talk today, essentially a follow-up of your lecture material, which I presented in June.

The questions, which came up after the talk from the society were:

• Is the North Polar region of Mars going to be investigated in the same way as the South polar region?
    • What height are the geysers?
    • Is there an imaging dataset, perhaps an experiment on a satellite, which could enable these heights to be measured more accurately?
    • How often do we return to each of the imaged areas?

I gave partial answers to these questions; for example the last question - the HIRISE satellite, as far as I am aware has returned to some of the areas to see how things have developed.

Cheers,

Pete

Posted

Hi Pete,

Great to hear. Do you want to write a blog post about your talk? Then I could write a follow-up one answering those questions.

~Meg

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Hi Meg,

OK, thanks for the opportunity! I'll do a write-up including the Q&A at the end. This time, no photos were taken.

Cheers,

Pete

Posted

Sounds great.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Good work Pete-j. I look forward to your blog post and Meg's follow-up. 😃

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

I usually give about 2 talks per year and this was my best talk yet... Very satisfying.

A few years ago I was all nerves standing in front of everyone. However, not everyone will stand up and lecture and since the society meets every Thursday evening (where there is generally a slot for a talk) and there is always an opportunity to put ones name forward in the calendar...

Posted

Great to hear.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Hi,

I've got another update based on this week's science team call. You can find it on the blog.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j in response to mschwamb's comment.

I've subscribed to the blog, so I receive the update and don't miss the news 😃

PJ

Posted