Planet Four Talk

SPRING!!!

• p.titchin by p.titchin

The Sun rises again in the southern polar sky. πŸ˜ƒ .
    "In the Spring, the sunrise heralds changes on the Martian ice: In the Spring, a P4 classifier's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of ----SUBLIMATION!. (with apologies to Tennyson) ~ Pete. πŸ˜‰

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

From the ridiculous to the ... erm ... whatsit ... subway ... no, substation ... Oh, you get the idea.

Tennyson - Very appropriate during Wimbledon. πŸ˜‰

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

As always 'punmeister' I bow to ypur brilliant rejoinder. Maybe a "final " response will come to me after the said event!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

HI Pete,

That's great! Can I stick that on the Planet Four blog with proper attribution ?

Cheers,

~Meg

PS. Happy Southern Martian Spring!

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Of course. Glad you liked it I expect the HiRISE team are hard at it now, and I look foreward to hopefully seeing some of the images in the future. Regards~ Pete

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j in response to p.titchin's comment.

I think, to sum everything up, is to say that Spring on Mars is just sublime : )

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

In a historical context, I often wonder, when the first Martian colonies are established. Who knows when? It is β€˜easy’ to estimate dates as these dates keep on being pushed forward. It would be nice to reflect that much as we look back on Lowell, Schiaparelli, and Tennyson. Future Martians shall look back at the legacy of a certain early 21st Century Zooniverse Planet Four project.

In an age where there is an overload of data, hopefully, a record of this project will make some mark into the future long after it has closed and we are all gone…

Pete J.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to pete-j's comment.

"Oh dear" said the shy spider, "I much prefer Winter. All this sunshine brings me out in blotches." .
    "No , no," answered the extrovert spider, " I love it when Spring comes, because I know all my fans will soon be arriving." πŸ˜‰ ~Pete.

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j in response to p.titchin's comment.

#Fan-tastic...

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Love it!

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

'Allo 'Allo ... Someone's after my job as the mad martian, but they'll need to be a bit less timid (ie boulder) as they channel their energy towards humour. πŸ˜‰

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

You mean: "Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once..."; it's a long time since I've watched this!

Posted