Planet Four Talk

P4 perihelion poster

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Great idea from P4 to celebrate the new martian year! An Inca City ridge image made up from contributers' names. I found Meg's name on the whole poster after 10 minutes, and eventually after an hour, and having gone crosseyed, I found myself! Great fun~ well done team! ~Pete

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Well done you. I haven't found myself yet. 😦 Mind you, I haven't found myself on the first one that was posted last year yet.

Are they using real names or usernames?

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

Hi Kith, Its the name you put in the zooniverse accout box giving permission to use your name on public stuff. In my case, pete titchin. I wonder if the posters can be bought, as I am not having much luck printing off the enlarged version! My eyes are just about uncrossed now, as i found myself in the very last section I looked at ,~Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Kitharode's comment.

Hi Kith,

We're using real names if you've allowed the Zooniverse to publish that information. I can never find myself in the volunteer name poster. This is the first time because the thumbnail version has my name and a few others from the Zoonvierse team on the bottom row 😃. You can double check that you have something in the publishable names by going to https://www.zooniverse.org/account/settings

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Hi Pete,

I'm glad you like it. Well done on spotting your name. Rob SImpson at Oxford gets all the credit for making it. The Planet Four science team picked the image.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Hi Meg, I actually spotted your name on the big poster well before I found my own. You are fairly central on the full poster.~Pete
    Well done Rob Simpson!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

... So, I'm feeling rather silly for having to ask this, but... where is this poster? Is it online somewhere? 😃

I'm not seeing a link in this thread... it's not on the Planet Four blog page, or the Zooniverse home, or the Daily Zoo...

Did I miss something?

Thanks!!

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Hi-DZM, I,m a luddite, but the link i have is blog.planetfour.org/2014/11/26/one-mars-year-of-planet-four- Hope this helps. I'm not going to hunt ypur name though, it's hard work! 😉 Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to DZM's comment.

To follow up and echo what Pete said. It's on the blog. . I've added a link since Pete's url didn't show up as a hyperlink.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Ahh, I didn't scroll down far enough (I guess I got distracted by my own derpy face. :p )

I figured it was something that had just been posted. I see it now. Thanks!!

Posted