Planet Four Talk

Planet 4 Blog

• wassock by wassock moderator

Michaelaye has posted on thd blog about animating the various markings for a given blotch

http://blog.planetfour.org/2014/03/04/animated-markings/

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

Even tho I've only been 'on Mars' a short time - I've already wished I WAS thinking - what you're thinking, wassock ...! 😃 But since I'm way behind, my answer would probably have to be "no". Tell us - what ARE you thinking, regarding Michaelaye's interesting animation? Thanks! ~Elizabeth

Posted

Elizabeth, will keep quiet for the mo, dont want to predudice anyone elses view, but I was immeadiately struck by something when I saw it.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to wassock's comment.

Don't know if it's the same thought as yours wassock, but my thought relates to choice of marking tool (?)

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Is it something to do with the solar system... planets and orbits?

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

Is it that none of the markings cover the whole blotch? (If I'm interpreting it correctly!) Does the person with the right answer get a prize, Wassock? 😉

Posted

No, Just thinking that I could see my way to marking it as a couple or three of superimposed fans, but may be thats just me, but it says fan not blotch to me. Diffuse edges at the top not at the bottom where it tapers to a blunt point

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

You have a very good point Sherlock - I mean Wassock! I was off in la-la-land trying to "make something" of the actual animation part ... It certainly looks as if the source(s) are at the bottom of the image and then blown outward toward the top, to me also.

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

I see Kitharode was onto the right trail too .... 😃

Posted

Oh go on Elizabeth, finish the sentence... but JellyMonster was way off 😛!

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

Obviously thinking too deeply. What's your take, fan or blotch?

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Tough Luck JM. 😦

Elizabeth: Be careful who you call Sherlock. (Someone on here is called Holmes) 😃

Posted

Wassock - I'd go for fans overlapping each other (but only because you brought it to everybody's attention).

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

What? Someone call my name?........ I was totally wrong (as usual!) I'm obviously NOT worthy of my surname - hahaha ;-P The lower half certainly comes to a point like a fan - well spotted Wassock (or should I say 'Elementary my dear Wassock').

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014 in response to JellyMonster's comment.

sorry JM 😦 ... we 'deep thinkers' ( ... wasn't that wassock's called it?) must stick together - our day will come 😃

Posted

The villain ran down a narrow alley. Holmes and Watson were hot on his heels. Down the alley they came to three doors, one red-ish in colour, one lemon-ish, and one green door, but no sign of the villain. "Quickly Watson!" said Holmes, "Through here". Watson hesitated: "But how could you possibly know which door to use?" he asked.

"It's a lemon entry my dear Watson" !!

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to Kitharode's comment.

GROAN - very corny but it still raised a smile 😄

Posted

Watson: "Can I borrow your ruler, Holmes? I need to measure the footprints".

Holmes: "Here, use this Monopoly board".

Watson: "That's no good. I need to measure up to 12 inches".

Holmes: "Don't worry old chap - The game is a foot" !!

Posted

..but he doesn't play it as a rule

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to Kitharode's comment.

Haha Kitharode and Wassock - I like it 😃 This is even more corny....... (and awful!!)

Watson: 'Stop Monopolising this investigation.'

Holmes: 'It's all for good measure'.

Watson: 'But I'm getting Board with your Games now'.

Holmes: 'I still need to find more Cluedos'.

Watson: 'Well shut the door - there are too many Draughts in here'.

Holmes: 'Don't be Ludo-crous Watson'.

Watson: 'Well this has become such a Trivial Pursuit, and I don't know what your game is.

Holmes: 'Well do you remember the investigation with a Snake and Ladder?

Watson: 'Yes, it was quite a Charade, especially the mad Scrabble to start a surveillance Operation so we could Guess Who killed the snake.

Holmes: 'It just goes to prove there's usually Frustration with every investigation - you just need a bit of Patience or you'll Snap'.

Watson: 'I'll be fine as long as we don't have to Dice with death'.

Posted

Very good Angi, how long did that lot take you?

Posted

Hahaha ... Good stuff Angi. (So we know what you do with your spare time)! 😉

Watson: "Apparently, a new MORI poll suggests that the best artwork is done by a crimina!".

Holmes: "Mori art eh?

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

Wassock: Thanks Wassock. You're good at lying - haha 😃 It probably took longer than you'd expect ;-P It's a good job I don't write novels!! I'm still a lowly student of Witty Banter, unlike the Lord and Master, Kitharode! (cough, cough)

Kitharode: It was just some elementary stuff, Kitharode (sorry, couldn't resist that one 😃 ) It was a nice diversion - I do actually have some normal hobbies in my spare time......and then there's Planet Four classifying (whoops, sorry - just joking 😉 )
    Haha - nice one 😮 That's the best yet I think. Bet you thought that up in seconds too, unlike me!!

Posted