Planet Four Talk

Zooniverse Live Chat

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hiya,

The Zooniverse is hosting live chat with a few scientists and a guest or two from across the projects tomorrow July 11, 2013 at 3pm EDT, 8pm BST. The live stream will be posted here tomorrow.

Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to mschwamb's comment.

Sounds great Meg! I'll make sure I tune in 😃

Posted

In case you missed it, the recorded video can be found here.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Watched the chat, will look foreward to the new tools. All much appreciated.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

An interesting and informative session. Thanks to everybody concerned. Looks like a few of us here are gearing up for 'further research' and I too look forward to playing with any new toys. 😉

Posted

Since the project is still relatively new, we're still all getting familiar with the data. We did a lot of discussing of tools for Planet Four, but many of the things we'd need to do would take more than 3 days, but it was really good brainstorming of the things that we'd want to do and what web tools we need for them (and some of that would take significant work to learn or track down). . We spent a lot of time looking at the HiRISE images and trying to sort what we could do in the browser. So I'm hopeful, we'll have some advanced tools for Planet Four eventually, but as I said in the live chat Mars is hard, but we now have some developers who are really keen on working on Mars, so if they do this workshop next year, who knows might be lots of things for Planet Four.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to mschwamb's comment.

Sounds exciting stuff for the future! I enjoyed the live chat too. I hope that the developers ||who are really keen on working on Mars|| get a return ticket! 😮

Posted