Planet Four Talk

What's in a name?

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I've notice that there are some funny old aliases out there. What is yours all about... maybe just something you thought up or a favourite song?

Mine was actually a mistake - should have been 'The Jelly Creature'. It is a 1960s bubblegum card from 'The outer limits'. They were great... still have em'!

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Kitharode εμπνεύστηκε από τις Μούσες, που είναι το τραγούδι και ο χορός χαρά τους θεούς του Ολύμπου.

Kitharode empneusteke apo tis Mouses, pou einai to tragoudi kai o xoros xara tous theous tou Olympou.

Kitharode was inspired by the Muses, who's singing and dancing delighted the gods of Olympus (Mountain)

** 😉 ** (No. I read Greek greek but I've no idea what it means - used 'translate' on't th'internet).

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Well mine isn't that original. It's just my username for most accounts my first initial from my first name (Meg) and my last name (Schwamb). Enjoying hearing the stories behind your usernames.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• kallecent by kallecent

I only putt my name and fameliname together and shortend it.
    Not so creative porhaps...

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

As in "You Spawny eyed Wassock", a term of affection

Posted

• Aussiemandias by Aussiemandias

I am Australian, although I have lived abroad for the last 20+ years - Japan, HK, UK and now Canada. Plus I love the works of poet Shelley, especially Ozymandias. Years ago I thought I'd do a little substitution to identify myself. It has stuck and now most of my usernames are Aussiemandias. Find me on Twitter as well.

Posted