Planet Four Talk

Message to Kitharode's Mates - If He's Got Any.

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

My Head is FULL.

There's been a mass of information and ideas generated in the discussions we've had and I've had a whale of a time so far. But there's a couple of investigations I'd like to play with 'properly' so I need to gather all the relevant stuff from around the place and try and organise myself. (Slim chance I can do that)!

What I'm saying I suppose is that I don't want you to feel offended in any way if you see I haven't joined in. Of course I'll try and follow everything but I'm more likely to 'keep in touch' without trying to remember the whole of the discussion. Hopefully I'll be able to drop an odd snippet into your threads, if I think it'll help, but I think I'm moving towards overload so I want to organise and make space.

Besides that, we're only in the southern hemisphere and there's more images to come from here. Then there's all the northern stuff to deal with. Oh, and a possible spider classification project later on ... and...

Oh My Goodness - What am I doing here .. ?!! Cheers.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Acknowledged.... I think Meg quite likes you 😛

Posted

?? Wonder why he said that ?? How did you do that smiley, not seen that before.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I used a capital 'P' for the mouth. 😄

Posted

Cheers. So it's :-A :-B :-C 😄 :-E :-F :-G :-H :-I :-J :-K :-L :-M :-N 😮 😛 :-Q :-R 😒 :-T :-U :-V :-W :-X :-Y 😒

Which gives me D=happy: O=gosh: P=Meg: X=drool/mental

Therefore D, O, P, X might mean Happy, gosh, Meg, X-rated? (Hope she doesn't see this) 😄 😮 😛 :-X. Hahahaha....

Posted

If anybody wants to see what I look like, then follow the link and use the 'Pause' button.

If you like Bluegrass / Mountain music, then follow the link and let it play. (Even martians need to relax!) ** 😛 **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2NiK4baUg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

How did you manage to steal my beard without me noticing??. I'm pretty sure that's my guitar as well. ( and my sort of music?) Thanks for the 'mars music', much enjoyed.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to p.titchin's comment.

So the beard is your fault then. I keep cutting it off and it keeps coming back !

The guitar is definately mine - Unhand it young sir, or face the wrath of 'The Inner Kith'. ** 😛 **

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to Kitharode's comment.

Well that's at least two fans you have now Kitharode 😉

Should we start a fan club do you reckon Pete?!
    (Thankfully I DON'T have a beard!!)

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to angi60's comment.

Hi Angie, glad you don't have a beard, it would have played havoc with my mental image of you!! A'fan' club would be good, or a 'blotch' club or given Kith's particular passion, maybe it should be a 'spider' club. ( Id put in a smiley face, but I don't know how)

Posted

Hahaha, give over you two. 😃

Pete: It's a colon, dash, right bracket (no spaces) for smiley. : - ) 😃 Same with left bracket for 'sad' smiley. 😦

Semicolon at start gives wink 😉 See also six posts above for things like 😛 and :-X

So you've let slip that you have/had a beard (good to know angi60 doesn't) and you hint that you have/had a guitar. You a gittar picker then?

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

No beard, and no guitar, so I'll leave you guys to it!!

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

😃 .. Used to do a little plucking 45 years ago. Attempting to do Bert Jansch and the like. Seduced by piano and sax, but still steal a guilty (badly played and stumbling) pleasure when all the family are out! Pictures of Mars are less painful for them when they are home! So, now time to click on 'Return to classifying'

Posted

I might be away for a few days. There are a couple of jobs with fast approaching deadlines that I must work on. Fortunately for me, working up a lesson on 'Music and Astronomy' is just as much fun as being here with you. OK, it's nearly as good. 😉

To keep y'all busy I've managed to finish part 2 of my 'Inca City' investigations posted in Citizen Science. Cheers for now.

Posted