Planet Four Talk

Deja vue ?

• Chocstar by Chocstar

Anyone else classifying the same images they did before ?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

You shouldn't be, once we get the number of classifications for the image it should drop out of the queue. If you know what image (ie the APF id) you think was similar, the science team and zooniverse development team can check to see if you've classified it twice.

~Meg

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Hi I have seen a couple of noticable images in particular twice. I am gutted though as I saw a fantastic image earlier but clicked 'discuss' before clicking 'finished' so lost it, & would not mind seeing that one again. It was like a blank glacier, but appeared to have a huge long wedge shaped deepening scour out of it. 😦

Knowing me it was the reverse of this, but I hope someone else picks up on it & I get to see it again.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Ian Mason's comment.

You can't click discuss before hitting finish so you should have it in your recents.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to mschwamb's comment.

If I can jump in here........
    Meg, even if you can access it in 'recents', you can no longer work on it, and can't even see it the same size as when classifying. Just a large 'thumbnail'

Ian, .......I know how you feel, brother. I had an image that had multiple REALLY INTERESTING features, and in my excitement to talk about it, I strayed before "finishing". I'm kicking myself for the mistake, but there is NOTHING I can do about it (nor you, in your instance) because there is no way to "park" an image for further work at a later time. If you leave it, it's "finished" and there must be a thousand instances where this is going to cause a skewing of the "average" data being gathered. Enough to render the results pretty much useless......

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason in response to mschwamb's comment.

Yes you can Meg, if you slip up in excitement! 😦

Underneath the blue Finished/Next/Discuss button are the following, & there is absolutely no way back.

About

Discuss

Blog

Thanks AUricle, & sorry to see you've had similar mate.

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

I've definitely logged at least two images which were the same as I have written hashtags for them before. Unfortunately I don't think I have 'saved' them in my collection but if I see any more duplicate images I'll grab the info for you.

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

I've left a mesg in the interface section with an image number for your reference which I have viewed twice.

Posted

• susanteper by susanteper

Yes, I've had several duplicate images too

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator in response to AUricle's comment.

If you want to seethe thumbnail bigstyle try right clicking on it then "open in new tab", or window, this will give you a .jpg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to susanteper's comment.

I reported the duplicate bug issue and we have a patch and it should be rolled out over the next few days.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Ian Mason's comment.

yes that's because your classification is submitted. So you can't do back once you've submitted the classification. It's to prevent someone from changing their classification based on external information. Like reading comments on talk for example. We want to make sure it's a uniform classification experience for everyone for our statistics in combining the classifications to identify the fans and blotches.

And it's okay if you slip up in excitement - since we use the classifications from multiple people. Chances are they marked the fans and blotches if you accidentally weren't able to.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Seems an appropriate place for this question: Although I do mark some fans, blotches and features (honest!!) I've got to admit I'm more of a collector at the moment. This means I will often skip through several (many) images without marking anything. I'm not screwing anything up for you science teamsters am I - or am I?
    (Also posted in 'ask scientist').

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

....better lock your doors! 😉

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

(Ho, ho, ho AUricle.) For a screen sized image I use right-click and 'View Image'. 'Back' button to carry on. Must dash - on bug hunting duty!!

Posted

• Paul_Johnson by Paul_Johnson in response to Ian Mason's comment.

Not this, Ian?

APF0000ex1

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

Hi Paul,

Sadly that is not the one, so can you try again please? 😦 lol (please read on!)

I actually think you may have found the next image up & to the right of the one that I lost though! (Fantastic!) 😃

Unlikely I know, but the one that I had looked as if something had impacted the surface at a really shallow angle, & I thought it looked like a kind of semi circular bit at the start, & then tapered off, as in your image.

I really appreciate you posting this, & taking the time.

Ian

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Edit, I just found in the comment under that image that another member has the other end:)

Thanks again. 😃

enter image description here

Posted