Planet Four Talk

Turning the pictures round

• GaryT by GaryT

I've been looking at these pictures and seeing Spider Channels as ridges. Have just read on another post that if you turn the picture 180 degrees the light is coming from the right direction for your brain to understand the image (its scientifically proven!) I turned my iPad upside down and as if by magic the ridges turn into channels - I'm going to have to look at all my "collection" again as the images are so different now I understand!

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I have been harping on about this for days on end. See my post 'Seeing is believing?'

Posted

• GaryT by GaryT

It may have been one of your posts I spotted - I didn't realise I was looking at the pictures wrong until then. I was seeing a totally different landscape to reality - so thanks for spreading the word!

Posted

Glad to help out.

Posted

• GaryT by GaryT

I have noticed that its easier to spot the fans & blotches, especially faint ones, when you do see the image the "wrong" way round. That must also be part of the optical illusion.

Posted

I have not noticed that... will look next time.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

If you are physically turning the screen round it may be a function of the optics of the lcd screen try looking at a dark, low contrast image from a shallow angle to see what I mean

Posted