Planet Four Talk

• rowbumby by rowbumby

I cant seem to get in and see my messages,I click on the envelope at the top but nothing ???? Is any 1 else having same trouble ???

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

It may mean you have no messages. Your messages should show up on the left if you click the envelope. The other way to see them is just click on profile and your messages will be on the left.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• rowbumby by rowbumby

the envelope at top says i have 2 messages but nothing is showing on my profile page but before i had any messages i could see this link on left as you are saying but no longer can now i have messages ???

Posted

• parrish by parrish admin in response to rowbumby's comment.

It will continue to show your messages as unread until you click on the message to view it.

Your messages are listed underneath your profile image in the left sidebar on your profile page.

Posted

• rowbumby by rowbumby

Yes I know but i dont have my messages under my profile image the link has some how gone which is why i cant view my messages

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to rowbumby's comment.

Is it that you can't reach your profile page or that when you do reach it you can't see any messages?

The link to your profile is: http://talk.planetfour.org/#/profile

Posted

• rowbumby by rowbumby

I can get to my profile, I just dont have any thing on the left under my profile image to veiw my messages but i do still have the envelope at the top saying 2, I have gone in to Zooniverse to make sure my messages were not hidden in my settings but all is fine.

kind regards

Posted

• rowbumby by rowbumby

I now have 3 messages and still cant view them 😦 is there any where else I can view my messages

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Hi rowbumby, they were from me regarding an image that I thought you might be interested in, but I could not suss out how to show you it unless I had your email address, but with help from someone else on here, I managed to get it viewable on an external url.

http://talk.planetfour.org/#/boards/BPF0000003/discussions/DPF00009d1

Try clicking on the number as opposed to the envelope, & the message should appear on the left hand side.

All the best mate.

Ian. 😃

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Edit! the ones I sent were only about 2 days ago max.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

I've got a messages list with messages received, all ok. But every time I visit here now my message button says 1 or 2 messages - but there's never any there. I've dropped a line on 'ask a scientist' telling them about it. Hit 'em from all angles, eh?

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

Speaking of messages........

After viewing them, is there any way to delete them? They never seem to go away, and after reading, the envelope still says "1 message" (or more)

Posted

• rowbumby by rowbumby

@Ian Mason lol lol 😉 @AUricle I have no idea as I cant even get in to my messages as the link on the left in my profile page has gone 😭

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

AUricle. Can't find how to delete them. Just guessing but I think they'll simply drop off the bottom of page...

Rowbumby. I sympathise - sorry that's all can do 😦

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason in response to AUricle's comment.

I will let you know if they drop off the bottom, as I am almost there with messages, so feel free to spam away @Ian mason. My money is on a scroll bar appearing though.

It is quite comical at times how this forum works, & I can't help but think that it would have been simpler & more user friendly to purchase well known brand of forum software.

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to Ian Mason's comment.

It is quite comical at times how this forum works...

Man, you can say that again! Especially entertaining when you're reading something on page 7 and you try to go "back"...LOL. .....better hope you wanted to go 'back' to the beginning!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi,
    I've reported this issue a few days ago to then development team. apologies for this bug. We're working to sort it out.
    ~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

I hate to have to expose my shortcomings, but I just need some answers, so here we go.

I see the compose message button on my profile page, and have received messages from several people here. So....how did they direct their messages to me?

If I click the 'compose' button, the new empty message window opens, but I see nothing that allows me to select a recipient......does it just go out to everyone willy-nilly?? (if so, it might as well just go on a discussion board, no?

Once you've opened a message, how do you get the 'counter' next to the envelope icon to go back to 0 or 'blank' or whatever the default setting is?

Alright. That's enough stupidity for now.......HELP! 😉

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Hi AU,

When you click the 'compose' button, enter the recipients name in the first clearly un-marked box, & then the subject in the next clearly unmarked box down.

Jury is still out on the message amount reset, but mine works ok?

Posted