Planet Four Talk

I cannot get the tools to work on my iPad

• Janet_Stanton by Janet_Stanton

Is it me or is it the iPad? I'll go and turn the computer on if it's the iPad.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

The site was supposed to work on the ipad but our development team is looking into the ipad functionality again today based on reports for others. It definitely works with your browser on a computer. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Redcabbage by Redcabbage in response to Janet Stanton's comment.

It works on my iPad but it times out and I have to re enter the site

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Redcabbage's comment.

Thanks for that info. I'll pass that onto the developers.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Djbooth by Djbooth

Works fine on my ipad, but fingers are not as precise as a mouse.

Posted

• Katja999 by Katja999

It work on my ipad (1) but when there are more than just 5 or 6 marks on a picture my browser (I tried 2) switches off. Always. And then I have to restart the browser and log in again.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Katja999's comment.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Our support team has been made aware about this particular issue. The team is getting so much deserved rest after BBC stargazing but will be hard at work Monday so I'm sure these issues will be resolved soon. Please bear with us during these growing pains.
    ~Meg

Posted

• simonron by simonron

I find that the graphics generated on the iPad are too large, a similar comment to the above by Djbooth but I think all that needs doing is to reduce the scale sensitivity .

Posted

• Mmeuk by Mmeuk

After 12 or 13 marks on ipad safari browser it crashes and you have to restart safari and log in again (ipad 3 iOS 6.0.1)

Posted

• Katja999 by Katja999

In case the support teams wants that information: I have an ipad 1 with ios 5.1.1 and I tried safari and icab mobile, but I usually can't mark more than 5 things (in a few rare cases 10) and then the browser switches off.

I would like to mark pictures and I just use the reload button to get a new picture when there are a too many things to be marked,.... but what should do when I would at least like to write a comment or a tag, even if I can't mark all fans and blotches with my ipad. Should I just use the finish button without marking everything?

Posted

• brian_holden by brian_holden

I can not orient my fan tool on my mac The semi circle around the central cross some times orientates in the desired direction but often stays frustratingly only to the bottom /south of the cross How do I reorient this tool

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

I just wanted to let you know that the development team is working on refining the ipad interface.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Palantir_Ring by Palantir_Ring

When a fan is defined (completed with thin line) on my ipad2, I noticed you could move the whole fan in x and y but no twisting, also works on blotches, by selecting away from where the cross would be. However, can't get it to work every time. This is really useful to select start of fan correctly. Is there a trick to this? I'm also now using a pen which is far more accurate than a finger!

Posted