Planet Four Talk

Login Issues

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi,

A quick note to say if you had issues logging in to Planet Four today/yesterday, that you weren't alone. There were some backend server issues. Once alerted to it, the Zooniverse development team have fixed the issue. Please let us know if it pops up again.

Happy New Year,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Thanks Meg. I did have problems yesterday, but assumed it was 'the Todmorden effect'! Everything ok today - so far. 😉

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Hi,

I also flagged-up to Meg the login issue on Jan 1st and was really impressed how quickly they got down to fixing it. Awesome (don't they rest on New Year's Day!). I also meant to add, that I think that P4 (including our little team) are an awesome lot as well.

I hope that you weren't flooded out in Todmorden in the last few days? Watching the local news, it looks quite frightening (e.g. in Yorkshire) what people have had to go through. Not a very Happy Christmas. Fortunately, my home town wasn't affected.

Happy New Year!

Posted

Hi Meg. Arrived on site, had to sign in, but no problem with that. Made a couple of comments, all ok, went to classify and got the 'This tutorial will help you...' message and wasn't signed in. So I'm signed in on the message boards, but not on classifying page. No big deal, just so's ya know.

Hi pete-j. Sorry I missed your message. Yes, Todmorden was hit bad - Hebden Bridge (amongst others) hit even worse. In fact the whole of the Calder Valley got a lashing. Some poor souls have lost everything. Thanks for your thoughts and concerns, but I'm one of the lucky ones who live 'way oop on't thillside' so all ok here. 😃

Posted

Hi Kith,

Thanks for reporting it and confirmed what I see. I woke up and noticed it and was trying to sort out if it was server or browser issue. I'm getting the same issue. It looks to be an issue with Firefox. (I'm guessing you're using Firefox). If you try Chrome or Safari it should allow you to login. I've put a report in, but we'll have to wait until the UK development team wakes up.

Cheers,

~Meg

PS. Glad to hear you're okay after the extreme weather.

Posted

Hi,

The issue causing Firefox to not load a component to the site has been fixed. So it should be smooth sailing now. A big thank you to the Zooniverse development team.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Yep. All ok here too. Thanks team.

Posted