Planet Four Talk

marking tools.

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Have the marking tools been alrered recently? Finding much frustration the last month wth marking. Problem seems more and more pronounced as you move from the centre to the edges. Can't pick up the tool to move the parameters. It 'remarks' .Quite a few years marking now and using this interface, so NO, I am not imaging it. 😦.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

No. There's no updates. The site is in maintenance mode meaning that we only get Zooniverse web developer time to fix issues that crop up as the site ages with browser updates. Nothing was done as far as I know. That doesn't mean a browser update didn't change some of the marking tool's behavior in a way that we need to fix.

I need some more detail. I classified in Firefox and I'm not seeing any issues at the edges. Can you be more specific - browser version and kind and operating system.

if I can get more specifics and repeat what you're seeing, I alert the development team and they'll find some developer time to take a look.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Meg Schwamb's comment.

Hi Meg. When I mark a fan, it is then hard to get the curser to pick up on the tabs in order to manipulate the dimensions. It tends to just mark a second fan over the first. The effect seems to become more pronounced when marking nearer the margins. It is not serious, as persistance succeeds eventually !! , it is just something I had rarely come across untill the last few months. When it happens, I have noticed that the width and length 'tabs' tend to be overlapping, and also overlapping the central mark indicator, so although you can get the indicator showing you have picked it up, it is intermittant, and so it either re-marks over the first mark, or just cancels the first mark. As I said, persistance usually works though. Just a very minor irritation. Cheers~ Pete

Posted

• levanoclc.org by levanoclc.org in response to p.titchin's comment.

More than a minor irritation for me. I'm a newcomer at Meg's request and nothing seems to work. I can make a fan, but can't grab the tabs to spread it. When I ask to see the tutorial, I get an empty dialog box. Maybe I'll try again someday.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to levanoclc.org's comment.

Hi levanoclc.org ,

I'm sorry the site isn't working for you. Can you give us details of your browser and operating system so I can forward the information to the Zooniverse developers. They will look into it.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• memetical by memetical

Dear mods. When I try to place/expand the marking tools over a blotch, feature or fan, there appears multple 'echo' like marking effects on both the right-hand margin and the bottom of each photo. It is very annoying and putting me off marking any more. Any ideas what is causing this odd margins effect? Using G"Chrome. Thanks and regards. "m"

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to memetical's comment.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Can you let me know what browser version and operating system you are using?

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted