Planet Four Talk

Suggestion: example pictures, increase size

• Peek by Peek

Pretty much what the title says. I think it would be very good if the example images could be a bit bigger, so that you can see more of the details.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Hi Peek. The HiRise images are the most detailed (highest resolution) ever taken, showing objects less than ~1m across.

You can see a much wider area of where the images come from by following the 'View HiRise Image' link underneath each image you classify and clicking on the JPEG Greyscale options down the page.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Posted

• Peek by Peek

Kitharode, thanks for you answer. But I was referring to the images you see when you go to "examples" in the left menu. Those images are quite small, and I think it would be nice if you could click on each to get a larger version, so that you could see more details.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by 'examples in left menu'. Do you mean the images in the top left corner of discussion threads? If so, if you hover your curser over them they become magnified for more detailed view.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Peek's comment.

Hi Peek,

I think I understand what you mean. You're referring to the examples button on the classification interface. Thanks for the feedback. Probably we can't change that for this version, I don't think those images are much bigger since they're subimages from the images we show on Planet Four, but if we redo rebuild the site in the future, we'll keep this in mind. For our new spinoff project from Planet Four, Planet Four: Terrains we did just that and you can click and get a larger version of the image displayed on our site guide.

Thanks for the feedback,

~Meg

Posted

• Peek by Peek

Hi Meg and Kitharode,

Sorry for being a bit unclear there, but yes, I am referring to the link "See examples" in the classification interface, like Meg guessed.
    Hopefully you get a chance to change it in the future.
    Thanks for your answers, and keep up the good work. 😃

Posted