Planet Four Talk

problem recurr?

• wassock by wassock moderator

Hi the craters board is showing a last post by Sariemarais 11 hours ago as of now, but no sign of it when the board is opened

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi Wassock,

I've put into a support ticket for this issue to the Zooniverse development team. it might take them some time, but they will hopefully take a look and see if they can sort the disappearing thread.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

This issue can arise when someone makes a post, then deletes it. If this is the case, the persons name disappears after some hours have passed. It's as if the interface needs time to 'clear its throat'. 😉

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yeah, Talk can leave "ghosts" of threads sometimes! Unless @Sariemarais reports that the thread was lost, we probably don't want to recover it, as (s)he may have intentionally deleted it.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Just in case a support ticket is in, the development team should be able to identify whether the main thread was deleted or not. I've linked to this thread in the ticket. It's low in priority, so I assume it will take a while before the development team gets to this.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted