Planet Four Talk

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I have changed my avatar picture but I can't get it to update. Any ideas?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

It's not the image with the yellow background? If you're see the new image successfully when you look at your zooniverse account at https://www.zooniverse.org/account/avatar then we need to talk the development team. Let me know, and I'll send them an email.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Yes - the yellow background image. Doesn't seem to appear everywhere though, discussions etc. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

Hiya,

If it's not showing up everywhere then that's something the development team needs to fix. Where doesn't it show up and you see the old image? Can you give me a list? It's showing up in this thread. If you can take a screenshot of where it's not showing up and send it to me via email (mschwamb@asiaa.sinica.edu.tw),I'll contact the development team.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

That's funny, you say the new picture is showing in this thread? Well It is not showing my end. Don't worry though as It is no big deal honest. I prefer the longer haired version of me anyway (although it seems I'm the only one that can see it). Everything else on the site seems to work seamlessly. Thanks.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

It might not be a big deal, but we should fix it. There will likely be other people who have changed their avatar and can't see that it was changed. Can you send me a screen shot of this thread the way you see it after logging out and then logging back in? I'll forward that with my screen shot to the development team.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

Okay Meg - I'll get it done tomorrow for you when I have a bit more time. By the way, it makes no difference whether I'm logged in or not, so the screenshot will be the same.

Posted

Meg - it has inexplicably fixed itself. From today, I can now see my updated avatar, thanks.

Posted

I wonder if a cookie or something like that had to be renewed/refreshed. I'm glad it sorted itself, and nice picture.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

Thanks for your kind comment Meg but I still prefer the other pic (because I was much younger then). 😃

Posted