Planet Four Talk

'auto finish' !!

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Yesterday, and this morning have experienced problems while classifying. I start marking an image and find the 'finish' button on the left side panel disappears to be replaced by the 'next' and 'discuss' options. I can carry on marking with the tool I am using, but can't change it, and of course, there is no finish button for me to press. Seems to happen every four or five images, or so. Is it my end, or the site? ~Pete

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to p.titchin's comment.

Oddly, having just posted the above, I clicked return to classifying, and was returned to the tutorial image, and had to sign in again.=Odd! ~Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

what browser and operating system? I don't see issue on OS X in latest version Firefox. I just tried it on safari and chrome and I'm not seeing the issue. If it repeats, can you please let me know and give the browser details, that will help the Zooniverse development team sort it out.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks Meg, I have the latest edition. Mozilla Firefox. Today, when I click on 'continue classifying' I get the start of the tutorial, but without the image, just the dialogue boxes. I can click on through the sequence of these, but no image appears. If I click again on 'sign in' I can do so and continue, but after one image, when I continue, I'm back to the tutorial. Weird! Could it be due to intermittent interrupted broadband? Our service here on a small island can be erratic. Haven't had these problems before though. ~Pete.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

What is your computer's operating system?

I don't seem to see the issue. It could be intermittent broadband possibly. Also try clearing your cookies that could be the issue.

If it continues please let me know. Also is anyone else experiencing this?

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Done the cookies etc, I have windows XP. Will see if it continues tomorrow. ~Pete

Posted

Thanks. Let me know.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted