Planet Four Talk

Ridges or valleys?

• gaterunner by gaterunner

I have identical dual monitors here, one mounted horizontally and the other mounted vertically. Say, for example, I view an image on the horizontally mounted monitor which has features showing as ridges, those features show as valleys on the vertically mounted monitor. Another example is features showing as small craters on the horizontally mounted monitor but showing as small boulders on the vertically mounted monitor. Which image should I be interpreting as the correct view.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Usually it's a ridge. I think this blog post will answer your question.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

sorry Meg, I can't get in on the most recent thread on this board, I'm commenting on the recent problems on the site. certainly some odd goings on . Still random loading probs, + eg, can't get on the most recent thread on this topic. All seems to be in the last couple of weeks. ~ Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

what do you mean loading problems. the login issue? because if you can post here you should be able to post anywhere else. I will report and see if support can get on this.

~Meg

Posted

No, once I log in and start working, I am finding odd problems with loading on other pages of the site, eg, today, I can't get the 'recent' page to load, yesterday, it was the most recent thread on this discussion board. When I clicked on it I got the title of the thread, but the rest of the page was the picture of Mars with the orbiter and the numbers of participants, and total of images classified.They just seem to be a series of random glitches over the last 2 weeks. ~Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully we'll have this sorted soon, and thanks for the detailed information. Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies? The Zooniverse use that in the authentication process, so clearing it would force a new cookie to be downloaded which might help. The development team are looking into the display/loading issue as well.

~Meg

Posted

Thanks Meg, I'm not unduly put out, but only report any minor problems if others post a problem. The site has been astounding over the last year, and technical support is amazing. The little niggles only show up because they have been so rare over the last year. Congratulations on a great job to yourself and all the team ~Pete

Posted