Planet Four Talk

Marking tools?

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Help!! whats happening. Ive suddenly got tool markers 3 cms across which obscure what I'm marking. What is occurring?

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Look out for angie60's comments next.. She's had similar problems on and off. She may have an answer.

No problems (yet) at my end. I'm on Firefox. I'll make sure Meg picks up on this so she can tell the techies.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Thanks. Was on google chrome tiil 2 weeks ago, never a problem, changed to Firefox 2 . no probs with this program, but other issues caused change back 2 days ago. No proms till intermittent one yesterday, then continuous today. Have given up for the moment!

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Hi Pete. Yes as Kitharode said I've had the same problem since Friday night - marking tools suddenly appeared giant size. Very frustrating! It makes marking small features a nightmare! I'm on Google Chrome. When I switch back to Internet Explorer the tools are normal size, though I then have other problems. So I have no solution I'm afraid. So Meg, or anyone HELP! It's driving me mad!!

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Have contacted Meg and given her link to this discussion.

So Chrome gives problems with the marking tools. Are the Firefox 'other problems' affecting P4 activities? It might be useful for the tech team to know.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Just woke up and saw the thread/email. I can replicate the behavior on Chrome. Looks like something with an updated version of chrome causing issues. I've put in a support ticket with the Zooniverse development team. In the meantime I'd use firefox or IE until we sort the Chrome issue (hopefully only a couple of hours or a day - the development team might not get to this until tomorrow am) in Chicago. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to mschwamb's comment.

Ok, thanks Meg. That's great. I'm glad it's not just me!! No apologies needed.

Kitharode: Thanks for passing that on to Meg - appreciate it. I don't use Firefox. But with Internet Explorer I was always having problems with P4, hence my migration to Chrome! Internet Exp froze on me last night when I tried to classify, so I think I'll just muddle along with the giant tools on Chrome :-X

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks Meg. Sorry if we woke you. Enjoy your morning coffee 😉

Posted

Yes, hope we haven't spoilt your breakfast Meg!

Posted

It's fine,, just had to send an email out. Hopefully the issue will get sorted soon. Though forgot it's labor day weekend in the states so Tuesday might be the earliest this gets looked at.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to angi60's comment.

Angi, you're a better Martian than me . I can't cope with this big tool. I'll stop marking till it's sorted. 😦

Posted

Oh how dare they not labour on Labor Day!! Thanks Meg 😃
    Regards, Angi

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Ha ha Pete - I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not - I've never been told I'm a better Martian before!! 😮 I find the fans easier with the big tools, but the blotches are a nightmare. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!

Posted

The development team have sorted the issue. Apparently been sorted since Sunday, just didn't know it. If you are still seeing the oversized tools in Chrome try a shift-refresh or going in and clearing your browser cookies and cache and that should reset the size of the marking tool.

Let me know if you still have any issues or need help sorting the cache and cookie clearing in chrome.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

Thanks for letting us know Meg. I'm still getting the giant tools, so I'll try what you suggest. Please thank the team for sorting it out.
    Regards, Angi

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to angi60's comment.

Let me know if that doesn't load the patch. Also shift+refresh should also work and upload the new version of the site with the patch I've been told. let me know if you can't of the two options to work.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

Thanks Meg. I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

Hi Meg. After a translation by Kitharode (I'm not good with computers!) I followed your instructions and my marking tools have returned to normal - yay! So it's back to normal classifying and trying to reach the magic four million 😃
    Thanks, Angi

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to angi60's comment.

Hi Angi,

glad it worked.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks Meg, I'm back to normal as well! 😃
    ~Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Welcome back Pete.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

Yay the size of the tools is fixed.
    Thanks so much this is a huge help to see features again after more than 6 months of big size tools 😃

PS never used chrome.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Chocstar's comment.

wait, was this going on for 6 months? My understanding was that this was something new due to a recent update on Chrome. if you see something like this or a bug in the interface please post it so we can get it fixed as soon as possible. Chances are were not aware of it (as browsers get updated all the time and that can break things) and when you let us know about it then we can contact the Zooniverse development team and get them to take a look at the interface.

Thanks,
    ~Meg

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar in response to mschwamb's comment.

Hi Meg I did tell you and send you emails with the pictures, remember ?
    It was in another thread.

But no matter it is all fixed now 😃

Posted

You emailed me about the drawing tools being big when you draw overlapping fans. I did forward that to the support team. But my impressions was it was not that way all the time? This appeared to be a new bug I believe at least to me.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

If you have any other issues with the interface do let me know.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted