Planet Four Talk

Error Sending New Message.

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

A recurring problem. Can add to existing message, but cannot send new.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

I just sent 3 or 4 to jshoe, worked OK for me. But I still can't get chrome to work on android properly

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hiya,

I've sent a message to the Zooniverse development team to notify them of the issue with messages. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Kitharode's comment.

The development team said they would look into the issue. In a week or so if the issue is still happening ping me/post on the thread.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Will do. Many thanks Meg.

Posted

• parrish by parrish admin

Hi, I just double checked and new messages seem to be working fine. It could be browser specific though. What browser and version are you using?

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to parrish's comment.

Hi. I'm using Firefox with Windows 7. I don't know what Angie60 is using but she also has trouble with new message to me. Having said that, I have sent other messages to other people ok, but having never received a reply I can't confirm that they arrived. When this problem first appeared between angie60 and I, it cleared after a couple of days.

We're going to move into gmail 'chatbox' because we are doing a lot of talking. Long messages are a pain on Planet Four because of the amount of scrolling involved. Wassock has sent messages whilst my problem existed so it may indeed be something my end, or between angie60 and myself. So now we're moving into 'chat', perhaps you should think in terms of "If it ain't broke don't fix it". 😉

Thanks for feedback anyway.

Posted

• parrish by parrish admin in response to Kitharode's comment.

No problem. I'll have a play with a few versions of Firefox in Windows to see if I can't duplicate the problem.

Please let me know if you run into anybody else that has issues with it.

Thanks!

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to parrish's comment.

Re Kitharode's comments above, I'm on Internet Explorer, if that helps.

Posted

Oddly enough, I stumbled across some strange SSL certificate problems in Firefox on Windows that may have been causing problems intermittently. These should be fixed now.

Firefox seems to be alright in Windows, though I have found a few IE bugs that we'll be working through.

Posted

I just fixed a couple bugs that were causing problems for IE 9 and IE 10.

If anybody still has problems, please let me know.

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to parrish's comment.

That should make things easier for me on IE anyway 😃 In fact the problem previously reported has been solved - I was able to start a new message thread last night again- yippee! Thanks alot.

Posted