Planet Four Talk

Colour change option for classification tools?

• Ronniedruid by Ronniedruid

Hi!

Just classifying an image with lots of blotches and was thinking that it would be a great help if there was a way to change the colour of the tools.

The image I'm working on is very pale and the white blotch tool is almost invisible, making it difficult to see which of the multitude of blotches I've already marked, especially when they're close together.

Having a choice of white, black and red tool outlines would be a great asset when working on this type of image. 😉

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Hi There. Why didn't I think of that?

Colour would help I agree and I hope its possible to pick up on your idea. Obviously down to the techno bods, but I'll make sure it gets fed back to them. You might not get a reply, but some things do get done without anyone saying anything and it's nice when some glitch just disapears. If you don't get a colour tool in the future, maybe they just can't do it. Great idea though.

See you on the boards perhaps. Cheers.

Posted

Hi! 😄

Cool! Glad the idea was helpful, even if it can't be done! lol! x

Posted

I guess digital magic can only go so far, eh? Got a favourite area here; ice, spiders, frost? Sometimes there's just too much to choose from I think. Enjoy.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for being part of Planet Four. We're a small team, but I will the suggestion along to the development team when there are plans of upgrading the site.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Ronniedruid by Ronniedruid in response to Kitharode's comment.

Lol! Yep, 'tis true! 😉

From a purely aesthetic point of view I love the images containing areas in that gorgeous blue.

And I think ice is my favourite to work with! Very easy to see what you're looking for on that! 😄 x

Posted

• Ronniedruid by Ronniedruid in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thank you! 😄 Love being a part of this! Too cool and something I've wanted to be involved in for many of years! (I'm getting old you know! 😄 ) x

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to Ronniedruid's comment.

Some of us are already old! Or feeling it at least. 😉

Do you 'do' astronomy? Sounds like you're very keen...

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Kith, trust you don't sidle up you young ladies in the pub uttering such words 😃

Posted

• Ronniedruid by Ronniedruid in response to Kitharode's comment.

Lol!

I used to do a tiny bit of amateur astronomy when I was young but haven't had the time to keep it going as my kids came along and grew up. 😉

Still very, very interested in astronomy, astro physics, etc., though! But I am 100% amateur and I'm surprised I can still spell astronomy never mind remember or do anything else! 😄

Posted

• Ronniedruid by Ronniedruid in response to wassock's comment.

LMAO!

And just so you know, Ronnie is short for Veronica! So, I'm an old lady and it's a long time since anyone sidled up to me in the pub uttering anything even remotely similar to that! 😄

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to Ronniedruid's comment.

Hahaha. I'm so old I can't even sidle to the pub, never mind up to the ladies !! ** :-X **

Maybe you should join the 'old folks club' with Angie60 and myself. 'Mars and the Solar System for Beginners', it's a lotta fun.

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to Kitharode's comment.

WELL KITHARODE, you certainly know how to insult a lady!! Humph - 'old folks club', ME? Cough Cough ....

Posted

Oops! All that flirting gone to waste. Back to the fans and blobs then ... 😦

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

HA HA. I might forgive you, as I am 'over the hill' really.

Posted

Lol! 😄 I'm definitely going to head over to that discussion! 😉

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe

May I join with you? (In the over 60 club of course!) Even though I try to stay up to date scientifically, I am lost with the computer talk you guys use -often even when you are trying to help me (Kitharode earlier today - thanks for trying - we'll get there eventually if my wife lets me keep on playing.) There are a few missing pieces that must be filled in to turn the lights on. I find this website finicky, foreign, unforgiving and often frustrating as .... growing old. Toodles, jshoe

Posted