Planet Four Talk

error fetching subjects, maybe we're out?

• Paul_Johnson by Paul_Johnson

This keeps popping up when I try to classify, not had this before, have you run out of pics....?

Black screen (as in no picture loading) when trying to classify....weird!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

I'm not sure I'll check. You might try clearing your browser's cookies and see if that helps.
    ~Meg

Posted

I'm cookie free Meg !

Still not happeninga s far as loading pics is concerned, looks like my happy days classifying these pics is over!

So sad, had such a great time, thanks for all the help, advice and above all, the opportunity to see some great stuff.

Cheers.

PJ

Posted

• The_Pingo_Kid by The_Pingo_Kid

Oh won't someone help that poor boy......!

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to The Pingo Kid's comment.

"The Pingo Kid".....good one Paulie 😉

Is that how we're to address you now?

Posted

I have no idea what you are talking about, my good man!

I happen to like. er, penguins that's all.....

I bid you good day, sir.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

I've contacted Zooniverse support. Give them a day or two.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

Hi Paul

Do you get this error in different browsers? Also, do you have a rough idea of how many images you've look at thus far on the project?

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

Arfon, no, I use InternetExplorer as my browser-I only use one browser. ( I may have answered yes to this question to Meg earlier, because I thought she meant something different, due to my natural ability to get computer terminolgy mixed up). Stupidity is one of my most endearing qualities.

I have looked at lots of the pictures-difficult to say really-I would maybe throw a guess at 6 to 8 thousand? It could easily be a lot lot more, my wildest guess is 10k Would you be able to tell me this number-I would be interested! If I'm honest a get bored with marking fans and blotches after a while-but I think I will have done more than my fair share-if you know then please let me know-it must be a lot! I prefer blotches, which is weird, I just do! I'm a big fan of blotches....and the odd Pingo, of course.

Cheers Arfon

Posted

Arfon, not sure if it's related-I no longer have the problems I used to have with constantly logging on in between classifying and discussion boards-I stay logged on now-which I thought was a patch you guys had made to the website......but as I say, now I just get.....

error fetching subjects-maybe we're out!

....when I try to classify as Paul Johnson.

I don't think my laptop is a factor-I can view and classify pics as a different user!

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

It will tell you your total classification count at

Zooniverse.org

Login as usual and click on projects on the right hand side under your account

Posted

Thanks Chocstar, good skills my friend.....!

Posted

Arfon, my classifications are

Never would have guessed that many!

I've been off work after an operation, so been bored !

Cheers Arfon,

PJ

Posted

Actually, come to think of it, I need to get a life...!

Or do some Open Uni work for a change!

jeez!

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

I can view and classify pics as a different user!

Does The Pingo Kid know this?

Posted

He's classified 2800 himself, already. Or so he says...!

Posted

WHAT????

36,000 between you........err...., two guys?

You've gone over the edge, man 😉 That's one EVERY 84 seconds since you came here!!!

Give me your secret!

Posted

It's a surprising number, AU.

I have a quick scan, when I am not marking fans etc-I know what I am looking for-and as you see, I tend to go for Pingo-esque features lately-so I quickly discard stuff I know has no value to me.

What can I say? I'm a frickin machine, dude!

Posted

These guys should give me job!

I'm waiting NASA!

Posted

These guys should give me job! I'm waiting NASA!

Nah......the game is rigged. You'd probably lose out to The Kid!

Posted

Damn him!

Damn his duckpond!

Posted

Lonely, I'm so lonely.....

Can't believe it's just me in here.......

Hello..............ello.........lo...............lo.........o.........

Posted

Hey Johnson....I'm upto 4094 classifications, baby......I'm coming for you.....you're going down!

The Kid is growing up!

ha ha.......!

Posted

So, only another 30,000 to go before you get ahead?

You noob!

Website broken....!

Posted

It looks like I reached the limit?

Anyone out there?

Posted

I pinged support again. Give them some time to respond.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

So Arfon emailed me back tonight. Paul it looks like you've classified the majority of the images, so we have no more to give you at the moment. That's why the error is coming up. We had seasons 2 and 3 of HiRES observations in live and we're putting in Year 1 soon (hopefully end of the week) so you'll have images to look at soon.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

That's great Meg. Thank you very much for this info.

It's surprising how many you can get through with a few of weeks off work!

Good luck and best wishes.

PJ

Posted

Hello Meg, just FYI, I'm back in the Matrix, able to classify and see all the images again.

I'll get to work then!

Thanks Meg,

PJ

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

PJ, we thought you were dead!

You might like this image Paul... http://talk.planetfour.org/#/boards/BPF0000008/discussions/DPF0000clk...
    not a pingo but you might want to comment on it (no one else has).

Posted

JM, thanks, rumours of my death are somewhat exagerated!

I have been working hard on my Open Uni Eng Lit degree, whilst catching up with 3 months real work, two weeks of builders in my house and a french exchange student.

All things considered, (not having any access to any more new pics) I thought, 'Give it a bit of a rest,' and crack on with some less enjoyable stuff for a while........

I saw the image, I'm a bit out of practice........but some things strike me straight away....

It's a great pic! I hoped this new set of images would throw stuff up that could generate exciement, and this certainly does.

The main feature.......a massive pingo? Doesn't look like anything we are used to seeing. It's much bigger (like an earthly pingo), perhaps this really is an earth like pingo, caused by water? The white deposit of material surrounding it might suggest that? Probably an anomaly, a large blotch of white water crystals, formed from the unusual shaped vent that can be seen. What think you, JM?

Lots of little 'pingos' dotted around it, with similiar orientations and sizes, they remind me of those creamy half moons I am slighlty obsessed with, because they tilt the same way, which must be a wind thing? I guess the mighty katabatic is at play here, shaping the landscape, creating these surface features into repeating patterns.

I am a bit rusty, and still have one major assignment to go (just to brag, got my last one back this very day and got a 90%), so not completely wasting my time.

I will be able to chip in more in a few more weeks, (when my Lit stuff finishes) but suffice to say I will try to catch up on the forum chat in the mean time, work out what has been discussed and make a contribution. You guys have certainly pushed forward, I'm gobsmacked at the way this has developed. Just wish I could have kept up!

Cheers JM, stay frosty!

PJ

PS.....The Kid sends his regards.......

Posted