Planet Four Talk

"Back to classifying"?.......not really!

• AUricle by AUricle

This has been happening to me all along, but does everyone/anyone else experience this?

When I finish an image, if I make a comment (discuss) and then hit the "Return To Classifying" button in the upper righ, it takes me back to the classify home screen, but if I hit 'classify', nothing happens. The only way to get another image is to click on my browsing history, and click on the PLANETFOUR link. Then when the new page opens, if I hit classify, I get an image to work on.When this happens, it does not sign me out, so I don't have to login again, but it won't give me an image. Have I been doing something wrong? Sure does seem like a clumsy way to navigate the site though 😉

This is not a problem if I don't hit the "discuss" button. If I just hit '"next" I go to a new image.

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

Are you saying nothing happens when you've pressed "return to classifying" ? 'cos you shouldn't need to press "classify" as well once on the main image page. I'm not saying it isn't happening for you, maybe a unique situation (?) What browser you using ?....

I've just retried it your way and the "classify" button doesn't do anything but I already had a fresh new image to observe.

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

P.S. the classify button works if you have been looking in your profile pics for "recents" and "favourites"

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

you shouldn't need to press "classify" as well once on the main image page......

Yeah, that's what I suspect, but that's the situation. And hitting the "classify" or "start exploring" buttons on the homepage does nothing, until I "refresh" the page through the use of my browsing history. Then, "classify" or "start exploring" works.

After that bit about the "weird mark" on my images, I wouldn't be surprised to find out I'm causing the problem! 😉

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

BlockquoteP.S. the classify button works if you have been looking in your profile pics for "recents" and "favourites"

Thanks Chocstar. You led me to a work-around!

I find that if ai go to the homepage and hit the profile button, which opens up the "recent" and "favorites" drop down menu, and then hit "classify", I get an image. 😉 😉

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

Odd I don't think that should be the normal behavior. What browser are you using? I'll send in a support ticket for the issue. See if the developers can take a look. Thanks for reporting it.

~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to mschwamb's comment.

Hello Meg,

I'm running IE 9 in Windows7. Another thing I noticed, is if I access the site through my iPhone which uses Safari,
    I seeon the P4 homepage an animation of the MRO circling Mars. On my PC there is just the planet without the animation. I've got the latest version of Flash, and Java too so I don't know what's going on there. Cookies are enabled for P4 and Zooniverse.

Thanks for the response. Cheers!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

Thanks. I've included this information in the support ticket.
    ~Meg

Posted