Planet Four Talk

'The objects` x 3?

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Hi,

Is there any reason why 'The objects' are listed 3 individual times under Help, Chat, & Science?

Would it not be better to only have just the one, & increase the amount of threads on each individual page to 20, instead of 10?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Ian Mason's comment.

That's a great question. because there are three separate boards for you to make a discussion about the image you viewed. So if your discussion is more of a question about Help then we wanted to sort that out from a conversation from volunteers who are doing their own investigation with the data. The original version of this discussion tool used in older Zooniverse projects lumps them all together and it's harder for the science team and the volunteers to sort out the discussions about individual objects classified.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Ian_Mason by Ian_Mason

Thanks Meg,

In many cases, it is hard to actually distinguish between the 3 with the threads that have been started, & question being asked. (I am guilty myself).

Thanks again.

Ian

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

But I have to agree here, that the usability for the user should get higher priority. As of now, for example, the trending image thumbnail shows that person X has made a comment for this image, and when you click on the thumbnail, it's totally unclear where the comment was made, with the possibilities 4-fold: Hashtag Comments, or 1 of the 3 boards. It's quite annoying having to search for it...

Posted