Planet Four Talk

Back Arrow

• wassock by wassock moderator

Is it possible to fix it the "back Arrow" so that you go back to where you came from in the discussions (and when viewing image collections. An example, when following a thread in a discussion if you then follow a link from a post to somewhere else (a similar image say) once done with that hitting 'back' reverts to page 1 of the discussion so you have to troll through the whole thing again to find where you've got to. Same thing looking at images in collections, once you've gone off to look at some thing 'back' reverts to the start of the process rather than to the set of images you were looking at last. It would also be better (for those engaged in the conversation at least) if the most recent post displayed at the top rather than the first as at present.

Posted

• Paul_Johnson by Paul_Johnson

Totally agree, the website is very cumbersome to navigate around. Constantly getting logged out, even between looking at pics and going to Discussion Boards.....that is so annoying. Once you follow a thread you come to a dead end and have to start all over again...!

Euuurgghhhh!!

Posted

• rob_t by rob_t in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

I agree!

Posted

• rob_t by rob_t in response to wassock's comment.

The first thing I do if an unusual feature comes up is click 'favourite' , then at least the image is saved when going to 'discuss' etc, and then going back to classifying and losing the image

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Paul Johnson's comment.

If you're getting logged out switching between Talk and the main interface it's a cookies. You need to allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org in your browser.

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to rob t's comment.

You loose the image because you've submitted your classification. Once hit finish, your classification is submitted so if you go to Talk or hit next you'll be on to the next image in the main classification interface. But you can see what you just classified by going to Profile on the main Planet Four website.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Mitch56 by Mitch56 in response to wassock's comment.

"Is it possible to fix it the "back Arrow" so that you go back to where you came from in the discussions (and when viewing image collections. An example, when following a thread in a discussion if you then follow a link from a post to somewhere else (a similar image say) once done with that hitting 'back' reverts to page 1 of the discussion so you have to troll through the whole thing again to find where you've got to........."

This thread is 3 years old and this is still an issue. I'm new to Planet Four so I read a lot of posts so I can search for resolutions to any issues I might be having. Or just to see what cool stuff is being found. Right now it's frustrating to get 20 pages deep and finish reading the last post then click the back button to continue on, only to get kicked all the way back to page one. RRRRRRR
    Any updates on this wassock?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Mitch56's comment.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. The Zooniverse developers are aware of this issue. The Zooniverse decided to build a brand new discussion tool from scratch as version 3.0 of Talk which I believe has a fix for this issue. Eventually in the future we will migrate to that version, but in the meantime the developers are not adding features/fixes to this version of Talk. I'm sorry there isn't an immediate fix that I can help get implemented here.

Cheers

~Meg

Posted

• Mitch56 by Mitch56 in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks for the update Meg.

Mitch

Posted