Planet Four Talk

Interesting Feature: text option

• MarsGazer by MarsGazer

It would realy be nice if I (or anyone for that matter) could enter a bit of text (to the interesting feature) after placing the marker. This may make it easier to convey just what strikes as interesting in the particular location, aka. 'why' a user marks a certain feature as 'interesting' ...

Hope this 'interesting feature' will be added soon 😉

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to MarsGazer's comment.

Well that's what Talk is intended for, so you can go into further detail and discuss with the science team and the fellow Planet Four volunteers.

~Meg

Posted

• MarsGazer by MarsGazer

Hmm well it's not so much that i want to discuss every interesting feature i find, like sometimes it may be interesting to tag a totally different looking mountain in the picture just because it stands out... and if I can just tag it as [interesting feature]: Grey mountaintop amids orange landscape. That doesn't classify to me as a [discussable] feature right away, but still interesting enough to tag as sort of an 'interesting feature'. I also don't have to leave the 'classification interface' for everything distinctly different in the picture, which makes hopping through the pics a bit enjoyable ...

Posted