Planet Four Talk

Can't change size, orientation or position of blotches and fans!

• Djbooth by Djbooth

Is this due to the website being overloaded? Or two or more people working on the same image simultaneously? I have experienced the website going very slow, but now have lost ability to size/orient/move blotches and fans. Is it best to come back later or move on to the next image without classifying this one?

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

Since Friday 11th I am also having issues with the fan and blotch tool. It is suddenly massive and you cannot see the image underneath the image of the tool.
    Whilst I can resize it, it is difficult to be as accurate due to the large size of the tool now.
    Any ideas why it has changed when it worked well the day before ?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

I'm sorry you're having problems with the responsiveness of the site. I haven't had that issue if you can post an image of what you're seeing we can try and help. Can you give us details of what browser and operating system as well?

Our development is getting some much deserved rest this weekend, but we'll make sure to forward these issues to them and on Monday they will investigate further. Please bare with us during these growing pains.

~Meg

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

Hello ~Meg, thanks for your reply. I've changed browser and it is fine again.
    But the browser which had the large sized tool was Firefox.

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to Chocstar's comment.

I'm running into the same issue, Chocstar.
    As soon as I click on a fan or blotch with the tool, the picturre size, maybe even resolution, changes and suddenly what I was observing is in a different place on the screen. Very dis-orienting, and now because the fan or blotch mark covers the spot, I'm no longer sure it's even where I want it to be. Using IE8 under Windows 7 64 bit

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

I'll try to add a bit more description of the tool situation and hopefully add some images.
    Using Firefox, both the fan and blotch tools when you first click on an area are now bigger than before, so obscuring your field of interest. Both the circles and squares used to resize and rotate the position, and the black circle with the cross inside are so large you cannot see underneath them when working with small blotches and fans.

Pictures of the problem to follow... (hopefully). I do not have access to twitter or FB. Maybe there is a way to email them to you Meg ?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Chocstar's comment.

You can email them to megan.schwamb@yale.edu
    ~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

I'm pretty sure we don't support IE8 only IE9 or higher.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thank you Meg, I have sent you some images to compare sizing of the tools.
    Hope this makes sense when you see them.

Posted