Planet Four Talk

Each image has their own help, chat and science posts

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

Hi guys,
    just wanted to help you understand something, that's maybe confusing. Apart from the quick chat that is used for the hashtagging, each image page that you reach via the "Discuss" button in the classifying window has place for either chat, help or science related posts. So, again, these are things that each of the thousands of images we have individually. So, don't be shy and open up new science discussions or if you want to remark something very odd or difficult with an image, use a Help post.
    Happy classifying!

Cheers,
    Michael

Posted

• chrisbayes by chrisbayes

It would be good if it remained logged in after clicking the discuss button. (you have to login again) Also if there was a textbox to enter hashtags before you click finish it would be nice.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to chrisbayes's comment.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, but I have reported it to the development team.
    Cheers.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Janet_Jaguar by Janet_Jaguar

Right click the Discuss button and open in a new tab. Preserves observed window while allowing discussion.

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

I just found out, to stay logged in, you not only have to allow cookies for planetfour.org but also for zooniverse.org. I now can am staying logged in with one browser tab only, and switching back and forth between discuss and classifier.

Posted

• digitography by digitography

When in classifying mode, and I click on "Discuss" I was expecting to be taken to a discussion about the image, but just end up at the main board. Is this the way it should work?

Posted

• Djbooth by Djbooth

Help!!! (I appear to be in a general discussion area, unable to link discussion to my current image.)
    Very hard to classify current image in any meaningful way (cannot see an image iD anywhere). The image I am looking at is almost covered in the brown dust in amongst a network of criss-crossing tiny meandering 'channels'. Looks like the area has been almost blanketed in brown dust and then reworked extensively by wind. Putting blobs on top of this hardly does justice to the complicated pattern of deposits. Wind possibly mostly from top of image?
    Topography further complicated pattern of lighter and darker shades. Is sunlight always from a consistent direction?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Djbooth's comment.

The image will be in your account recents and you can click on the image thumbnail to get the Talk page you want. So on the main planet four page go to Profile and it should be there.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• 2MRep by 2MRep

I found an image with a face! I marked it with an "interesting feature" icon and favourited it, but was so excited I clicked the discussion button and now its gone. How can I fond this image again? I was logged in when I marked it, but didnt click on finish. Gas it now gone??

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to 2MRep's comment.

If you marked it as a favorite then it will show up in your favorites. On the main classification interface click on Profile and favorites should become a button underneath profile that you can click on.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted