Planet Four Talk

Is the tutorial accessible once completed?

• jules by jules

Because I'd like to take a look at the tutorial again!
    Apologies if I've just not seen the link.

Posted

• brainimpact by brainimpact

I just go back to the homepage when not logged in and it takes me through it again http://planetfour.org/#/home

Posted

• jules by jules

OK I did this by logging out. So "spiders" do not need to be classified at all though we can hashtag them (if this would be useful.) Just seems odd that the most "exciting" feature does not need classifying. 😉 That's why I needed to go back and check!!

Posted

• brainimpact by brainimpact

What do you think we should use the Star "interesting Feature" on and how often? b/c its all interesting to many of us so its just real hard to work out what warrants its use.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jules's comment.

Yep for now spiders don't need to be classified. In the future that is something we will want to do, but for now we just want you to mark blotches and fans.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jules's comment.

I've just asked the development team if we can add a help/tutorial button for that.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• jules by jules

Thanks Meg! 😃

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

We've just added the "tutorial" button to the bottom of the classification interface.

Posted

• jules by jules

And an "examples" link too (unless I missed that first time round!) Very useful. 😃

Posted

• a55iltrmb by a55iltrmb

Hi New to all this .Do I stare at the image for a few seconds,hours or days?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to a55iltrmb's comment.

Thanks for being a part of Planet Four. 30 seconds to a few minutes. If you see something then use the mapper tools to make things that look like dark fans or dark spots or blotches.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

There are also quite some images that don't show any fan or blotch or really interesting. In my experience, once you get some practice and you don't see something after 20 seconds, then most likely there isn't anything. Some show quite clearly round boulders, for these it would be super helpful if you would go to the discussion page and hashtag them with #boulders because we didn't think of making a tool for these. But in general we of course could not make tools for everything, simply because these data are so huge, we haven't seen everything yet, that's why we need your help, guys! So in the cases you have a word for what you see and want to point it out then you can use a #hashtag for it.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Posted