Planet Four Talk

Bug Reports

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

if you want to report a bug, here's the place to do so

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Allie42 by Allie42

On the opening page, http://planetfour.org/#/home, Why does the count of photos classified look like this: ,97,8,1?Is this a special numbering system?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Allie42's comment.

Thanks. We've just fixed that.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• jules by jules

Should messages from another Talk forum be showing up here? My messages from Snapshot Serengeti are here too.

Posted

• jules by jules

Collections are not showing up on the page that links from the interface. They do show up in Profile though.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jules's comment.

I believe things are more integrated in this upgraded version of Talk, but I will double check with the development team.
    ~Meg

Posted

• jules by jules

No search?

"Popular hashtags" are not clickable.

Posted

Not currently implement yet, but that feature should be included soon.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• PhilShaw by PhilShaw

Satellite images sometimes get "stuck" so "Next" does not load a new image. Otherwise works for several images in succession. Affects Chrome and Firefox.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to PhilShaw's comment.

Hiya,
    We just have 15,000 people come to the site. The servers are struggling to handle all of you. Our awesome development team is on it and scaling more virtual machines to handle all of you. So the site might be a bit sluggish like that due to the high demand. Apologies for the delay time and please bare with us.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• trekian by trekian

no handles on tools in tutorial on mac computer

Posted

• MannyH by MannyH

My fans and blotch tools wont drag, I can place but not increase the size, was working then stopped.

Posted

• GregS by GregS

I am having trouble deleting errors. If I attempt to delete a fan by clicking the x, I just end up adding another fan, and then another . . . . . . .

Posted

• starmanick by starmanick in response to mschwamb's comment.

After completing tutorial I get a black screen. I have signed up and signed in. Perhaps I am missing a plug in or something?

Posted

• jules by jules

Some "People are Observing..." images lose the comments when you click on them.

Posted

• starmanick by starmanick in response to starmanick's comment.

It's ok now...must have been the amount of people on your servers :^)

Posted

• jules by jules

It would be useful to enlarge a posted image - as in other Talk forums. Is this switched off?

Posted

• pbedding by pbedding in response to mschwamb's comment.

The image has a tendency to disappear (to black) when I try to mark a feature. I guess that this is due to high traffic and will come back later.

Posted

I agree. I've already suggested that. Will note and mention to the development team.
    ~Meg

Posted

• GreedyDave by GreedyDave

If I add about ten fans/blotches to one image on my iPad safari blows up (disappears)

Posted

• juncus by juncus

I've just had the same image 3 times in a row so I wont proceed at this time

Posted

• AntonyScerri by AntonyScerri in response to GreedyDave's comment.

I have the same problem, not sure if its consistent with the number added but anything more than five and it seems likely to crash shortly after.

Posted

• Ooklibrarian by Ooklibrarian in response to GreedyDave's comment.

You aren't alone - my safari session on an ipad crashes too. I'll try my PC tomorrow.

Posted

When dealing with relatively small features the widgets can be too big to adjust appropriately, that's if you can even see the feature any more to make corrections. If we can zoom into an image that will hopefully solve the problem.

Posted

Another issue I have had is I marked two images as favourites but now when I log in none show up. One image was really interesting and I wanted to go back and look at it but now there seems no way I can go back and see those images I have worked on. May have been related to the safari crash problem, although my two favourites were finished and did appear under my profile until I had to log back n again.

Thanks

Posted

• AntonyScerri by AntonyScerri

Just checked and it does seem safari on ipad crashes upon trying to create the eleventh fan feature.

Posted

• AntonyScerri by AntonyScerri

Another issue for me seems whenever I leave either the main classifier site or this talk site (following links between the two) when I go back I have to log back in again, anyone else experiencing this?

Also wondered if a "remember me" option on the login could be added to stay logged in between sessions. Hopefully in situations like browser crashing it would let people get back n much quicker.

Thanks

Posted

• Ian_Burrett by Ian_Burrett

I couldn't get to any new images after finishing the example. any suggestions please?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Ooklibrarian's comment.

I've notified the development of the issue with the ipad. I'm not sure they will be able to respond now, but the issue has been noted. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Loured26 by Loured26

The icons for the tools are appearing on the screen but cannot be manipulated?
    Was working fine for about an hour there

thanks

Lou

Posted

• Peterkins by Peterkins in response to mschwamb's comment.

I was halfway through an image which seemed to have at least 20 features when my browser crashed and the image was lost.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Peterkins's comment.

Using Internet explorer? We're aware that's going on and trying to solve the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience. Any additional information like browser and OS would be useful.
    Thanks,
    ~Meg

Posted

• tony.brand by tony.brand in response to mschwamb's comment.

when you classify then go to discuss the system continually logs you out and you have to login again..... a real pain! ps using IE9.

Posted

• magtys by magtys

Hi Although I could see the tutorial etc. the screen appears to be blank I have Internet Explorer 8 do I need to change any settings?

Thanks

Posted

• angieq by angieq

Is that why I cannot go from "blob" back to "fan" in the tutorial? To much traffic?

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to magtys's comment.

Hi magtys, unfortunately the site doesn't work with IE8 - you should have had a warning about this when you first loaded up the site. If you can try using Firefox, Chrome, Safari or a newer version of IE you should be in better shape.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• rkeeling by rkeeling

hi there when i come to the tutorial screen its just blank i've waited a good 10 mins and nowt happens am i jus impatient ????

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to rkeeling's comment.

it should have loaded. It loads for me. have you tried to reload the page or try a different browser?
    ~Meg

Posted

• Loured26 by Loured26

Tonight my tools have stopped responding again. They can be positioned on the map, but not be manipulated?
    Also, on one map, it appears that someone else has already been working on the map?

Many thanks

Lou

Posted

• BlueMoon58 by BlueMoon58

Don't know if this is a bug but I have to click on my Profile before I click Classify to get a new image. This is getting a little frustrating

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to BlueMoon58's comment.

We're getting slammed by so many people trying to get onto the site. The response has been overwhelming literally. We're working on scaling everything as fast as we can. So if you give it a little while things will calm down and the servers will be sending images quickly. Apologies for the frustration, but we promise there's plenty of Mars to go around.
    ~Meg

Posted

• DannyU by DannyU

My browser crashes when there are a lot of objects to mark: Firefox 17.0.1 / Vista Home.

Posted

• footoomsh by footoomsh

Hi, i don't know if this is a bug or a strange anomaly, but as much as i'd like to help out here, i need to zoom in using the browsers zoom function and this allows me to see much more detail of the blotches and fans. When I am zoomed in, the second i click to use a tool on the picture, the browser screens position resets somehow and what i'm trying to hightlight is slung out of view.

It would work much much quicker if i could stay zoomed in and use these tools without the screen image jumping to centre itself.

Thanks

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to DannyU's comment.

Thank for the info and the detail. I've reported the issue to the development team.
    ~Meg

Posted

• jil by jil

I was trying to mark all the blotches on a blotch field. When I'd done nearly all of them (I can't remember how many but well over 50), Firefox crashed. I don't know if this was caused by too many items on a page or just a really annoying coincidence!

Posted

• GreedyGreen by GreedyGreen

I've just started the tutorial and installed Chrome to do it (as the opening screen said IE isn't good for this. However when I try to click on the diamonds on the fan to stretch it to shape, all that happens is a new fan is created. It seems impossible to grab hold of the diamonds. very frustrating as the tutorial will not move past that point.

Posted

• dheadey by dheadey

Got an interesting image, clicked on "Add to favourites" but can't see the favourites again (Tried Profile, Favourites, but nothing there). Have I missed something?

Posted

• julia333 by julia333 in response to GreedyGreen's comment.

I'm having the same problem,,, and when I click at the source the circle and diamonds appear about 1cm under where I clicked! I can't pick up the diamonds at all. Can't get through the tutorial. Has yours sorted itself out now?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to julia333's comment.

I've been able to use the diamonds. They are a little sensitive. You'll know you're on the diamond if your mouse changes to a cross.
    I hope that helps,
    ~Meg

Posted

• magtys by magtys

Hi Arfon
    Downloaded Chrome now it works fine! Thanks for your help Margaret

Posted

• silverstargazer by silverstargazer in response to mschwamb's comment.

Hi, everything was going well then screen started to go black, any ideas?

cheers

Posted

• swapeman by swapeman

In the middle of a classification, the screen goes black. Is this due to the servers being unable to cope (only happened in the last five minutes)?

Posted

• dmercel by dmercel

After placing a number of features the ability to resize the feature becomes incapacitated. Can still place a feature and delete it, but not resize it. Normally happens after placing about 20 features

Posted

• Dandaire by Dandaire

I can mark the fan from it origin but can't pull the diamond shaped icon to show the spread of the fan?

Posted

• Ros_Stannard by Ros_Stannard

If I pick a great number of targets the whole lot suddenly disappear and I have to start again - very frustrating

Posted

• Loopers by Loopers

I continually have to sign in after leaving a comment etc. then I get a black classifying screen. its beginning to irritate me now as I have signed in at least 10 times in last hour or so! can this be fixed?

Posted

• dorsetman1980 by dorsetman1980

I'm viewing on the latest ipad and I can only submit so many fans or blotches before I get chucked out of safari and it closes. It's pretty bad as I can only tag around 8 fans or so when it happens.

Posted

• soosanh by soosanh

In the 'people are observing' section of the Discuss screen, initially 8 images are loaded, and you have to click 'Load more' to get the next set of images. If one of these looks interesting and I click on it, the details relating to the image appear - great - but I can't see any form of returning to previous window, containing all the images I have loaded. If I press the back button on the browser it takes me back to the original 8 images only, So if I want to continue to browse I have to reload all the images. Is it possible to load images on a 'page' basis, with the option to go to a particular page of images.

Posted

• Sora12 by Sora12

In the tutorial and in general i click to mark as a fan or blotch and it just keeps making a new one when i click i cant change the size of them

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Loopers's comment.

You may need to allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org. Try that and see what happens.
    ~Meg

Posted

• memetical by memetical

Dear Meg. I seem to have a problem expanding the "fan" tool to shape insitu. The "blotch" tool expands just fine. Thanks, m.

Posted

• thekiffer by thekiffer

its only saving 4 pictures in favourites,also the recent pictures are in no particular order and some are missing.

Posted

• Tonyken1959 by Tonyken1959 in response to mschwamb's comment.

been doing the classifying, BUT, when dealing with a picture with many features - my system crashes - as if it can't keep up with the amount of targets...!!!

Posted

• Thoronwen by Thoronwen

Was halfway through putting down blotches, but now when I click, nothing happens. I can still place fans/click the other buttons.
    On IE9.

Posted

• plasmafire23 by plasmafire23

Hi am having probelms with login. I can log in and classify but I cannot discuss or collect without having to log in again on the discussion page. On clicking 'return to classifying. I have to log in again to start classifying again. Thanks for any help!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to plasmafire23's comment.

I think that's a cookies problem. Try allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org
    ~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Thoronwen's comment.

how many blotches did you draw? and what web browser? I'll let the development team know.
    Thanks,
    ~Meg

Posted

• pmoynihan by pmoynihan

When I'm clicking the "x" to remove an indicator, I'm loosing the image altogether. The image goes black, and there's no getting it back. Quite frustrating when marking a number of fans, and then, accidentally clicking on an "x"

I'm on Google Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

I'll try on a different browser, although it's been ok up to today.

[EDIT TO ADD]

Just for the record, it's working ok on Safari.

Posted

• helencraggs by helencraggs

I am unable to access the satellite images to be analysed. Do I need special software, please?

Posted

• alanlorence by alanlorence in response to pmoynihan's comment.

I'm having the "image goes black" problem too, but not only when deleting indicators -- sometimes just when clicking. On Chrome 24, Mac OS X 10.7.3

Posted

• Nerderello by Nerderello

Chrome not working.
    Just upgraded from version 23 to version 24.0.1312.52 on a Linux (Ubunru 12.04 using XFCE) and the reload of the picture has stopped working. You get the first image, classify it, click on finished and then next, and it refreshes but leaves a dull blue/green screen where the next Mars image should be. None of the markers (Fan, Blodge, Star) work. The only way that I've found to move forwards is to right click on where the image should be and select Reload.
    On the same PC, Firefox (version 18.0) works and Opera (version 12.12) sort of works, but you do get a warning that it may not.
    Everything worked okay on Chrome on the previous version (23.0.1271.97-r171054).
    And I have no extensions running on Chrome (either version).
    And fyi on the same PC the Midori browser works fine.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Nerderello's comment.

Sorry for the troubles. We've notified our development team of the issue. One thing to try is clearing cookies and seeing if a new image appears.
    ~Meg

Posted

• ianw3913 by ianw3913

I had a low memory message earlier this evening so i rebooted but am having a problem when the image space goes blank and dark. I go onto discussion and return and get a new different image but randomly goes dark and i am losing the image i was working on.

Posted

• chickenzown by chickenzown

seems every time I leave the classification app to 'discuss' or hashtag an image, I have to login again, and then again when I return to classifying. workable but annoying. Using IE9 9.0.12

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to chickenzown's comment.

Try allowing third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org.
    ~Meg

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

After trying the tutorial, the first image after that stopped loading after the first top "line" of it and now after closing the site and re-entering, the tutorial comes back up, but the tutorial image is now nothing but a dark grey box.

Posted

• mr_think by mr_think

Nice to see you Meg why no avatars on planet hunters?

Posted

• ianw3913 by ianw3913

I posted a problem with the screen randomly blanking out. I have been classifying for a few days and not had this problem. I am using chrome, i have deleted temp internet files and cookies and no difference. System is not unusable so i am unable to classify anything.

Posted

• Nerderello by Nerderello in response to mschwamb's comment.

Hi,
    tried clearing history, no difference. Tried clearing Bowser data, no difference. All cookies are cleared when I close Chrome, which I have done several times before reporting this issue..

In the mean time I'll simply use the Midori browser to continue classifying.

As an extra aside, I have another distro of Linux on this PC (Mint v14 using the MAYA desktop - the AMD64 bit version, the Ubunutu I originally reported this issue under uses the 32 bit version) and I have just tried this issue out on it. Using Google Chrome V22.0.1229.94 and all is fine and good. Using the latest (downloaded for the test) version (24.0.1312.52) I get the same results. Point to note though, once I press "Next" I get, for a split second, a new image, which is then blanked out (nb. right clicking and selecting Reload, gives a different image from the one shown for a split second).

Posted

• Marswalker by Marswalker

Bug in Comment/reporting function?

The comment function doesn't seem to be working. When I've finished an image and want to post its hashtags and a further comment, because oif an interesting feature, it isn't working. I type in the box, but the Comment button is dead, kind of greyed out (only not grey.) I have left notes on these two images in the Science part of the board. My images affected to date are Image APF00006lz, hashtags #boulder and #cross, and Image APF00005n1, hashtags #boulders, #boulder, #path, #ridge and #ridges. The very unusual features in each were a clear black cross within a blotch in Image APF00006lz (see notes for that image for the location), and a clear thread-like path or track in Image APF00005n1, lower left quarter of image, please see notes for that image. Both are posted in detail on the Science board.

Posted

• Roger_j_parkinson by Roger_j_parkinson in response to mschwamb's comment.

Every time I start classifying a detailed photo, I get kicked out.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to mr think's comment.

Because this is Talk version 1.5 which is new and has that added feature and other changes based on feedback off of all the Zoos using Talk. PH Talk is still 1.0. . We're going to think about migrating PH Talk to this version over the upcoming months.
    ~Meg

Posted

• diydave by diydave in response to mschwamb's comment.

Nothing to with mschwamb.... The need to re-sign in with every change of screen is most frustrating as is the fact that when you return to classification, the initial tutorial keeps popping up. Can cookies not recognise a current session and stop this?

Posted

• bretarn by bretarn

starting few hours ago, everythings okwith first data, then it's a blackscreen, no more data bein loaded

Posted

• tonyn by tonyn

The image disappears when I'm adjusting a marker, browser refresh then changes the image.

Using Chrome browser Version 24.0.1312.52 m, on Windows 7.

Posted

• IsabelKershaw by IsabelKershaw

I am classifying the spots on my iPad 4. Any time I mark more than 5 or so in one image it just chucks me out and I have to reopen browser and login again.

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

not getting images, get everything else, the tutorial worked fine, but once it came time to classify, no images appear. I am
    using Google Chrome as I found using IE on other Zooni projects was pretty worthless lol.

Posted

• valerie.boor by valerie.boor in response to PhilShaw's comment.

I'm just starting out using Chrome webbrowser and getting a similar problem with images disappearing when I'm busy marking them. I'm then left with black background. Safari doesn't seem to have the same problems.
    Kind regards, ValΓ©rie

Posted

• Wounded_Knee by Wounded_Knee

Using chrome with Vista, when I go to delete a marker the image disappears leaving just the icons on the left etc, it did it once a day or so ago now does it constantly. 😦

Posted

• michaelnorthway by michaelnorthway

having the same problem with the screen going black after deleting a marker or pressing next. the only way i can get around it is by clicking discuss and then return to classifying - hope that helps some people.

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

Same problems as DIYdave.....
    Have to sign in on every screen........return to classifying takes you all the way OUT to the tutorial and beyond!
    Also issues with marking......if fans are short they often come up facing the WRONG direction. Blotch sometimes draws, sometimes not, hardly ever where you want it to.
    I'm really amped for this so I hope this all goes away soon. Runnig IE 8 in Windows 7 64 bit, cranked security down to minimum so as not to interfere, but....
    now if I go back to 'work' I'll be taken back to thetutorial which will not open until I sign in again...sigh

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

How does one "collect" anything? I see no button or icon within the image itself, or in the border areas where the marking tools reside. A little help, please?

Posted

• brainimpact by brainimpact

images keep disappearing the image box turns grey/blue every time I try delete or adjust a marker I have already put on the picture

Edit: BTW just in case you want to try reproduce it I'm using Google Chrome Browser, though I'd get that out there b/c sometimes Browser makes a difference.

Posted

• Wounded_Knee by Wounded_Knee

I have the same problem with images not appearing as well, delete markers making images disappear (reported earlier). I used Iorbit smart ram that cleans out the ram and it solved the delete marker problem, but when i click next image it appears for a second then goes blank when before i would see nothing, a workaround is to go next image then refresh page, hope this is some help to the team of IT monkeys working away in the basement πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• plasmafire23 by plasmafire23 in response to mschwamb's comment.

seems to have fixed itself, thanks anyway πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

ok same type bug reports for the past 7 days I see, so when will it be fixed? Again, tonite I have problems, using chrome, after I try to switch from fan to blotch markers, photo disappears.

Posted

• Daledood by Daledood

after 10 or so classifications the next image fails to load and the screen freezes?
    the border and tool options are still visible but the image window is black...
    does this on firefox, google chrome and internet explorer...
    only 15 people online.
    thanks

Posted

• Daledood by Daledood

just done it again. only 14 people online,
    does it more if I try to move an existing fan detail.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Veegee's comment.

Yes. We're definitely going to be working on it fixing this issue. The site launched last Tuesday and our developers need some much deserved sleep and rest this weekend after the long hours they pulled for stargazing live. I've sent them the bug reports. It may be a java memory bug, so if you see this closing your browser and reopening may clear the memory. I'm sure they are working on it. I apologize for inconvenience. Please bear with us during these growing pains.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

To collect move your mouse over the top left portion of the image on Talk. You should a collect button appear and then if you click on it should give the option to make a new collection or add the image to one of your preexisting collections.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Markconx by Markconx

I am still doing the tutorial, the fan works okay but when I apply and size a blotch I do not get any more instruction; I click finish/next and lose the image. Are the servers still overloaded ?

Posted

• gedward5 by gedward5

When I complete an image (with any kind of markings) and Finish then Next then next image loads then disappears. I have to reload the page each time to get another image.

Image disappears if I click on the (X) on something that I've marked wrong.

Windows 7, 64bit, Google Chrome.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

If you're using Chrome it does appear that clicking on the X does completely remove the image and fans. Things appear okay on Firefox. Apologies for the troubles, we're reported this issue to the Zooniverse development team, and I'm sure it will get fixed as soon as possible.

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to mschwamb's comment.

The Chrome bug should be fixed. If you've been using Chrome clearing your browser cache should load the patched version of the site and should solve the problem.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Markconx's comment.

What browser are you using?

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to mschwamb's comment.

Meg,
    Thanks for responding. I follow the necessary steps, but when I click on 'collect' I get a small 'login' window that prompts me to..... well, LOG IN. I do, but I never atually get "logged in". My info disappears, and I'm back to the log-in prompt again. I just saw your 3rd party cookie message. Will try that, unless you've got something better?

Posted

• Markconx by Markconx in response to mschwamb's comment.

Chrome, thanks! I have been working around the 'problem' so it isn't any more, I will refresh the cache and see what happens. Fascinating project πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

Try the cookie thing. That seems like the issue.

~Meg

Posted

• TrevorJD by TrevorJD

Hello, I have an image to mark, with many features. I have marked quite a number, but now the tool shape does not print, but just leaves a cross. Is this a bug?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to TrevorJD's comment.

Can you take a screen shot and post here?

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• michael.kerton by michael.kerton

I keep getting logged out, say when I move fro classifying to discussion

Posted

• rob_t by rob_t in response to AntonyScerri's comment.

I'm still having to log back in when switching btween screens like you, and this is a week later. Any solution?

Posted

• rob_t by rob_t in response to footoomsh's comment.

I get the same problem- as this is now 5 days later, any solution been offered please?? Thanks

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar in response to michael.kerton's comment.

I get this using IE but manage to stay logged in using Firefox.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to rob t's comment.

Hi. It looks like with iE you need to allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org to prevent from being logged out when switching between Talk and the P4 main interface. If that doesn't work let me know. Other browsers like firefox and chrome seem to be doing that automatically be accepted the api cookie.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• jsmyth by jsmyth

Every so often the site just drops me out without warning. Particularly annoying after marking about 100 of 150ish fans... Is this just traffic volume?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jsmyth's comment.

I'm sorry the site is crashing for you. I've notified the development team of the issue.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to jsmyth's comment.

Hi there, we've got an issue with the drawing library we're using for the fans. We have a fix in the long term (which is to replace the Javascript library we're using) but we're struggling to find a short term fix sorry.

Arfon

Posted

• eagiles by eagiles

i keep getting asked for my username and password when i click from classify page to comment

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to eagiles's comment.

You need to allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org to prevent from being logged out when switching between Talk and the P4 main interface.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• eagiles by eagiles

I am having a problem with staying on the pages when i have finished a image, i go to click discuss and i am ask for my password again i give the password again and the page i was discussing disappears and a new image appears,

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Since receiving a couple of pm's recently my 'new message' button seems stuck. Whenever I arrive here now there's always a 1 or 2 new messages flag showing, but there ain't no message! Not a problem for me - just wanted you to know. Ta.

Posted

Have you tried explicitly forcing your browser to allow third party cookies from api.zooniverse.org

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• eagiles by eagiles in response to mschwamb's comment.

have cured the problem thanks by allowing cookies? sorry techniphob so as long as i am back i'm happy thanks for your help

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to Kitharode's comment.

Same here....

Posted

I've put in a bug report.
    Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• KimVercimak by KimVercimak

Halfway through my first page the marking tools stopped working 😦

Posted

• angi60 by angi60

I've been classifying for over a month now. Three times this week my screen has frozen partly through marking features. I think it's after I've marked a large number of objects on a previous image.

Posted

• Chickenlicken by Chickenlicken

Ive tried classifying for a while. While classifying using the safari browser on an ipad, i have had frequent crashes where the page freezes and shuts the browder down. Ive pulled out the pc to classify there and had the same problem with Mozilla Firefox. It maily happens when lots of blobs/fans to classify.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Chickenlicken's comment.

We're sorry that the site is crashing. We're aware of the issue but the fix unfortunately is a long term fix, so it will take some time to implement. We hope you'll stay with us.

~Meg

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks for your reply to the points raised about the site crashing. I certainly intend to carry on doing what I can, regardless of teething problems. This has re-ignited a long held interest, so thanks Meg and fellow scientists!

Posted