Planet Four Talk

Which is Which?

• KuzanGamer by KuzanGamer

I've just started this and as you can see I'm up to this part, but I'm not sure which is the dust and which is the face of the planet.

Can anyone help out?

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Hi Kuzan. This clip shows the surface of an area nicknamed Ithaca, during a time it was defrosted (Dec 2016) so no vented dust deposits to see!. There are a few "lumpy" outcrops catching the light- for want of a better word, "boulders". In July2016, the area was still covered in ice. Click on the following link for a personal favourite from my collection - great view of vented blue ice and overlying vented dust making great multidirection fans.(July 2016) APF0002gue . Hope this is of help and interest to you. Great to see you on the discussion boards. Hope to see you up there again. ~ pete.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to KuzanGamer's comment.

Hi,

I wanted to echo what Pete said.

This image has no seasonal fans, so there would be nothing to mark in this image. Knowing there are no fans in the image is helpful to us to know when the ice goes away and when the fans disappear. In some locations even after the ice is gone you can see signs of the fans left over which might tell us something about the surface below and the dust.

This is a tough image. Most images are easier than this to classify.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted