Planet Four Talk

strange block within spider network

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Quarter way down from top edge, and to right of centre, there is an oval patch within the spider channels that is different. It is darker, and appears to be covered with small boulders. There also appears to be a cluster of boulders just over the right end of the lower bordering channel. Any ideas anyone?

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Hi. Do you mean the oval patch inside the whitened area (white fan?) at the top of the image? It struck me as strange too, but I didn't identify the 'spots' as being boulders. I wondered if they were small patches of venting (including the patch over the right end of the bordering channel). Then again, my eyesight's not the best! 😛

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

You've got it. Strange isn't it? ~Pete

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

The oval patch is quite distinct. Definately a 'feature' on the landscape. I'm with Angie on the 'not boulders' inside the oval, but those on the right of the bordering channel might well be - or not 😉 The 'white fans' are mysterious.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

Here we are on familiar territory. - more questions than answers!. 😃 I go with the 'boulders' on the edge, but, if not boulders, what is on the floor?

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Yes, we always end up with more questions!! The edge one still looks like a vent to me, but that's the problem looking at these images- our eyes can deceive :-X There is another vent without a fan further down the image though. The oval is strange! I wonder if it could be an area of 'staining' of some sort? Unfortunately I'm not a geologist!

Posted