Planet Four Talk

Camera glitch

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

I think this is a nice example of where there is a camera glitch with the red on the right lower corner in this image.

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

It's hard to argue against this being a glitch - It probably is. The most interesting thing, to me, is how this type of glitch comes about.

When we see a solid line then that's easy enough to understand, but in your image how come the 'glitch' at the top slopes at an angle instead of being in line with those at the bottom? Why do they appear on just the white bits of the spiders? Why do the glitches have 'halo's and 'fans' of a similar colour?

Perhaps there are technical reasons that allow this sort of glitch to appear and I'm happy with that, but take another look at the image below (in the top right corner). Glitches that are non-linear, non-pixely, widespread (into the tail of the fans) and only on the white bits.

http://planetfour.org/subjects/standard/5143480eea305267e9007f8e.jpg

That's some crazy glitch - even for me. * 😛 *

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I must admit the 'crayon glitch' you mention has much softer edges than Meg's image but the pattern still runs vertically.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

The big fan to the left of the 'vertical' crayon glitch is littered with spots of the same colour. That ain't vertical...

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster in response to Kitharode's comment.

Yeah, you're right but those orange tinted reflections look different somehow (unrelated)?

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

I'm glad you see the orange tints. Proves it's not just me seeing them. Interesting that you say 'reflections', I hadn't thought about that. Leaving the 'vertical' crayon glitch aside I'd assumed spots of rustgrust were on show. This is my best bet at this time.

Posted