Planet Four Talk

Gold Found on Mars!

• Mac_Bizzo by Mac_Bizzo

ok joking but it sounds cool and looks cool! they are not city lights...
    #gold #goldonmars #goldvein ok just kidding i guess the gold is just sunlight, but if its sunlight on gold I claim it! #billionaire

Posted

• Mac_Bizzo by Mac_Bizzo

I ain't sayn' you iz a gold digger.....

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Usually bright spots are due to ice or boulders catching the light but this is a summer image so should be no ice and I can't see any shadows to indicate boulders. So may be lighter patches in the surface. Don't get too excited about the apparent colour though.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Ls=294.2 degrees so the image is well into Southern Summer on Mars. So very little ice to be around as wassock noted.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• willOS by willOS

Would be very inteWould be very interesting to see the surrounding area to put this in context. Is that possibleresting to see the surrounding area to put this in context . Is that posssible

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to willOS's comment.

We have links to the full HiISE frames (we cut the HiRISE images into smaller subimages).. Click on the thumbnali image on the top left and on the page it takes you do, below the image click on 'View HIRISE image'. It will take you to a page that has links to the fullframe HiRISE image that you can download and explore.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted