Planet Four Talk

narrow channels.

• p.titchin by p.titchin

seems to be a network of fine channels surrounded by a deeper shade of red. Haven't noticed any thing like this before. Any comments welcomed! The shapes they form are like the fracture patterns in the ice fields we see.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

First click on the image. Then click on 'View HiRISE image' (underneath it). This will link you to an amazing site (everyone knows this?). When you are there, scroll down a little to the JPEG RGB colour: non-map projected (or try some of the other options). The image will appear as a very thin strip. Click on it once to zoom in and scroll around to see how the terrain evolves. It may give you a better understanding of what is happening.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Thanks JellyMonster. You've guessed my secret! I am a total Luddite, and so -no- I didn't know this trick! Now I do, a whole new dimension is open to me. Thanks again for taking the trouble, it is much appreciated.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

The 'View HiRISE image' link is a very recent addition and I agree with you - it opens up a whole new dimension.

Posted