Planet Four Talk

Favorite Candy?

• Mote by Mote

Other digital artifacts, noticed I have not. Could this be Mos Eisley at last? Needs a name more clever, it does. Let structure apfoooognc now be known as the Ganzel Dome! So a symbol with a - over a U with a small + under that was visible in the original image, anyone know what that is?

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Hi Mote, did you mark it as an interesting feature? I couldn't see it, so I saved the image full size, inverted it (which normally helps users to see the channels) and altered the contrast and brightness. Update - Oh yes I see it now, slap bang in the middle at the bottom of the image.

![anomaly?] (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7g1t8x52iu0fp1a/R-50e7452d5e2ed21240005448.jpg)

Posted

• Mote by Mote

I apologize for being a newb, but what I originally showed my friends is no longer in this image. Trying to figure it out myself... there was a small structure, not me seeing something like seeing a ferris wheel in the clouds. It had sharp edges, looked a bit like this " +CI " , it even had a corner that was covered by dust. It was not coffee on my screen ( friend tried to remove it). It was there while I changed pages to look it up in discussion and before I saved it. I did mark it with a star, it was in the middle of the star. I thought it was a something like a marker for processing images but now that it isn't there, it must have been on my end. May interest lead you.

Posted

If it looked symmetrical and unnatural, then it is almost certainly something to do with the tools and markers that you have been using. Take a look at this post... http://talk.planetfour.org/#/boards/BPF0000002/discussions/DPF0000b06

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to JellyMonster's comment.

Mote,

JellyMonster has it right. It was likely the 'single click' fan tool mark. I got all excited by the same thing, until I realized I was the one who put the 'object' on the image. In fact, I found the "strange unnatural feature" on 3 images before JM showed me what it really was! Don't feel bad about it. They are easy to lose.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Mote. I am so glad that someone else has admitted to this. Those little critters had me at it for ages, then when I discovered what was going on I felt a right fool. I've kept it secret all this time, but now I can freely admit my crime. Ahhh, what a relief. I am not alone. 😉

Posted

• Mote by Mote

Simply keeps.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster in response to AUricle's comment.

AUricle, I don't think it was me that solved the mystery (although I am quite happy to take the acclaim). I just said that it was not a natural phenomenon, as it was too exact.

Mote - what does simply keeps mean?

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to JellyMonster's comment.

JM, ...right you are! You were no help at all 😉 ....but you still nailed it this time!

Credit rightfully goes to wassock and Ian Mason

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to JellyMonster's comment.

Simply Keeps - A fenced-in area for meerkats?

Posted

... and why is the post called 'Favourite Candy'? I needn't have bothered sprucing the image up - turned out well though.

Posted