Planet Four Talk

Anybody got crater images?

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Would appreciate any images/collections of impact craters, ghost craters, possible craters. Thanks in advance.

Posted

• Portyankina by Portyankina scientist

Hi!

You are hunting for them in wrong place. Polar areas (all the images in this project) have very young surface. It has a lot of ice and changes very fast, so craters don't get preserved here, especially small ones that would fit into the frames we cut here. I know only couple examples of craters in these areas.
    But good luck with the hunt anyway!
    Anya

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Thanks for reply. I expected them to be rare, hence the cry for help.
    Might I have caught one of these rarities here: http://www.planetfour.org/subjects/standard/50e740ec5e2ed21240002f93.jpg

If not, do you have any special comments, or is it just a regular 'emission point' / plume hole (you know what I mean) 😃 Thanks.

Posted

• MarsGazer by MarsGazer

I've come across some, usually tiny 'dents' that look a lot like craters, i will try to keep in mind to tag them for you 😃

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to MarsGazer's comment.

Many thanks MarsGazer - very kind. At the risk of sounding ungrateful (which I assure you I'm not), my interest lies in more 'substantial' craters / possible craters. Let's say that if you found a potential crater, you'd only get half a dozen of them in the same image - something like that. As Portiankina said earlier, it's gonna be tough finding any (and I understand why) so don't fret that you never see one 😃 I have my own reasons for searching. Thanks again.

Posted