Planet Four Talk

having a bit of trouble

• delete_ef877e4f by delete_ef877e4f

HI can anyone help me pls?

Posted

• delete_ef877e4f by delete_ef877e4f

how has everyone saved their pics on here from off the Mars site?

Posted

• Portyankina by Portyankina scientist

Hi!

About ridges, which are actually channels, i.e. depressions rather than elevations http://planetfour.org/#/about

Anya

Posted

• arthurzooniverse2013 by arthurzooniverse2013

In this picture it looks like there's a blotch and a fan.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

As already mentioned, It is the first image you see in the tutorial.

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

If an image is covered by 'lace' and identified as such - is it helpful or redundant - to also mark the obvious 'spiders'?

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

I'm new to Planet4 and am learning my way around all the great posts and comments. I'd like to retract my question of 35 min ago ... as I just found a very good discussion on 'Spiders - Polygons - Lace' from a few weeks ago by Pete (p.titchin), Andy and Anya. The whole discussion added to my understanding, for which I'm very grateful (back to the drawing board)! I did reference the image APF0001w5j ...posted by Angi too. Thanks! ~Elizabeth

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Elizabeth if you have lace terrain with separate 'classic' spiders then it's probably worth flagging. It may be that the two form in different ways so both in the same place is interesting

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Re APF0001w5j - Have you noticed that all three spiders are aligned (there's one top right, almost out of picture)? Note - image has been flipped.

enter image description here

Posted

• EA2014 by EA2014

THANKS wassock and JellyMonster - actually I was wondering about the alignment (I've noticed that a few times in other images ... really interesting ... would like to know more!). ?Question re: alignment & lower right spider - it seems 'another' alignment is happening (UL -LR) ... with 'another' possible spider forming at juncture of 3 cracks (just below small dark fan). Am I carrying the idea too far - or is it helpful to mark? (another example: the 3-pronged feature in upper left .... is it relavant?). First interest: getting you helpful data. Second interest: learning about it.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

The spiders here are interesting,they have fat bodies and in the spider zoo are tending towards what has been classified as "bugs". The other interesting thing is that none of the fans are obviously associated with the spiders.

Posted