Planet Four Talk

Heavily "pot marked" area

• SolFre528 by SolFre528

Discuss! 😃

Posted

• SolFre528 by SolFre528

According to HiRise, "Putative Geysers Have Been Spotted Here". 😄 http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/PSP_004062_0945

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

This is a clip of the area we have named Macclesfield in the late Spring/ early Summer (Mars time)2007, and we can see a series of so called spider channels with associated dark vented deposits blasted out as guysers by the pressure built up from sublimating CO2 ice.. These dark "blotches" are what we are supposed to be marking, and had there been wind during the venting, the deposits woud have been blown into fan shapes, which we are also asked to mark. You haven't asked a question,as such, but I hope this answers your "discuss" invitation to a small extent . 😃 Good to see you on the 'boards' ~ Pete.

Posted

• SolFre528 by SolFre528

Na, I know what we're supposed to be marking. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share it. It's one of the more blotched images I have come across so far. Thanks for your comment and teaching though. I'll have plenty more to ask about as I go through them! 😃

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to SolFre528's comment.

Hi. Thanks for sharing and yes, it is visually cool.

Mind you, just about everything on Mars is cool - if not downright freezing. 😉 Good answer from Pete (as usual).

Good to see you here. Enjoy.

Posted