Planet Four Talk

What are the lumps?

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Transfer to the boards for this I think Meg. There are definate lumps in the centre of the blotch. They are small.(-1metre sharply defined and have shadows). I would tentativly collect them as 'boulders' untill I have more info . Certainly do not seem to be just 'lumpy bumps'. Best wishes ~Pete

Posted

• pete-j by pete-j

Returning to this again (further to my earlier comment) I think that you may have a case here Pete. I think there is something here, better resolution would undoubtedly help.
    Cheers.
    PJ

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi Pete and Pete,

I was curious to see your perspective. I see a bumpy surface, but not distinguishable boulders like we see in Inca. For me there's no shadow the dark bits are thinned out fan material and the lighter area are gaps in the fan. Maybe there are smaller boulders. Too bad this is the highest resolution we will have a long while.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Yes Meg oh for more resolution. Often the problem when tryng to determine what constitutes a lump or a free standing 'boulder'.If there is doubt I put them in my 'boulders ' file to await further input. Cheers ~Pete.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Hi Pete,

Would it worth sorting those you're more certain and others less certain into different collections.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

I'm sure you are right! I should. Perhaps a project for the long winter evenings! ~Pete

Posted