Planet Four Talk

identicle collections

• p.titchin by p.titchin

As i look to collect images, especially boulders, I notice time and time again that identical collected images occur for the same 6 names.in exactly the same order of collection. Their collection images are identical. images for other images come up with the same identical collections.~eagiles, jelstone, dave, farmboy, zarathustra, and ben butterworth. Just curious, as if this is collection swapping, time can be saved! Otherwise, I assume software is automatically feeding these collections. Just curious~ Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

The order might be in terms of APF id/ how the Talk software decides to present the cutouts in a collection, but my understanding is that the software does no control over what gets put in a collection. The user must explicitly add a cutout to their collection in this version of Talk. Darren (@DZM) should be able to confirm this.

It might be that these cutouts were all commented on when the site was busy and so these people added similar images to the collection. I did request the data for the blue fans and frost collections for Chuhong, my undergrad summer student, back in August and there were differences between some of the collections.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted