Planet Four Talk

Interesting Features

• m57ring by m57ring

There's an interesting "spidery" feature near the top of this image, and another one near the left side. There's also a vertical linear feature near the bottom, which looks like it might extend all the way to the "spidery" object near the top.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

If you take a look at the larger hirise image that this one comes from you can see that this is one ofe the "polygonal crack" areas lots of vents which seem to come from cracks producing dark fans. What is intersdting is how bright many of the spidrrs are and how some appear to overlay the dark fans

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

It's another one of those dark images...

enter image description here

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Makes me wonder about the actual relationship between spiders and fans. Maybe not as intimate as I'd generally thought (?)

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

I'm with you Kith, this is like the image I put up on the 'chat' board-Objects under 'spider on the plate' the other day as it made me think about the sequences that were occurring during sublimation to produce a fully developed spider, then linear venting around the polygonal cracks, apparently without connection to the spider legs, or and without causing channels. Gut feeling is there must be oddly different pressures involved. ~Pete.

Posted